A generalization of Hull and White formula and applications to option pricing approximation
By means of Malliavin Calculus we see that the classical Hull and White formula for option pricing can be extended to the case where the noise driving the volatility process is correlated with the noise driving the stock prices. This extension will allow us to construct option pricing approximation formulas. Numerical examples are presented.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stein, Elias M & Stein, Jeremy C, 1991. "Stock Price Distributions with Stochastic Volatility: An Analytic Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 727-752.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-343.
- Fabienne Comte & Eric Renault, 1998.
"Long memory in continuous-time stochastic volatility models,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(4), pages 291-323.
- Comte, F. & Renault, E., 1996. "Long Memory in Continuous Time Stochastic Volatility Models," Papers 96.406, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Elisa Alòs, 2003. "A general decomposition formula for derivative prices in stochastic volatility models," Economics Working Papers 665, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Ball, Clifford A. & Roma, Antonio, 1994. "Stochastic Volatility Option Pricing," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(04), pages 589-607, December.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:740. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.