Technology Generation and Technology Transfers in the World Economy: Recent Trends and Implications for Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Audretsch, David B & Yamawaki, Hideki, 1988. "R&D Rivalry, Industrial Policy, and U.S.-Japanese Trade," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 438-447, August.
- Peter J. Buckley & Mark Casson, 1991. "The Future of the Multinational Enterprise," Palgrave Macmillan Books, Palgrave Macmillan, edition 0, number 978-1-349-21204-0, November.
- W H Davidson & Donald G McFetridge, 1985. "Key Characteristics in the Choice of International Technology Transfer Mode," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 16(2), pages 5-21, June.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1996.
"Intellectual property protection, market orientation and location of overseas R&D activities by multinational enterprises,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 673-688, April.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1995. "Intellectual Property Protection, Market Orientation and Location of Overseas R&D Activities by Multinational Enterprises," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 1995-01, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Dunning, John H., 1994. "Multinational enterprises and the globalization of innovatory capacity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 67-88, January.
- Reddy, N. Mohan & Zhao, Liming, 1990. "International technology transfer: A review," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 285-307, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Franco, Eliane & Ray, Sangeeta & Ray, Pradeep Kanta, 2011. "Patterns of Innovation Practices of Multinational-affiliates in Emerging Economies: Evidences from Brazil and India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1249-1260, July.
- Alberto Melo, 2001. "Los sistemas de innovación en América Latina y el Caribe," Research Department Publications 4284, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- repec:wip:wpaper:3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Melo, Alberto, 2018. "The Innovation Systems of Latin America and the Caribbean," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1429, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Freeman, Chris, 2002. "Continental, national and sub-national innovation systems--complementarity and economic growth," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 191-211, February.
- Suma Athreye & Yong Yang, 2011. "Disembodied Knowledge Flows in the World Economy," WIPO Economic Research Working Papers 03, World Intellectual Property Organization - Economics and Statistics Division, revised Dec 2011.
- Banerjee, Rajabrata & Roy, Saikat Sinha, 2014. "Human capital, technological progress and trade: What explains India's long run growth?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 15-31.
- Shih, Hsin-Yu & Chang, Pao-Long, 2009. "Industrial innovation networks in Taiwan and China: A comparative analysis," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 176-186.
- Enrique Mendizabal & Pablo Lavado, 2005. "Capturing Social Protection for the Poor: the case of "soup kitchens" in Peru," Working Papers 05-12, Departamento de Economía, Universidad del Pacífico, revised Feb 2005.
- Alberto Melo, 2001. "The Innovation Systems of Latin America and the Caribbean," Research Department Publications 4283, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Marina Papanastassiou & Robert Pearce & Antonello Zanfei, 2020. "Changing perspectives on the internationalization of R&D and innovation by multinational enterprises: A review of the literature," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 51(4), pages 623-664, June.
- Mathew Manimala & K. Thomas, 2013. "Learning Needs of Technology Transfer: Coping with Discontinuities and Disruptions," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 4(4), pages 511-539, December.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1996. "Foreign Direct Investments and Technology Transfers in Development: A Perspective on Recent Literature," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 1996-06, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Arora, Ashish & Fosfuri, Andrea, 1999. "Exploring the internalization rationale for international investment: wholly owned subsidiary versus technology licensing in the worldwide chemical industry," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB 6430, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Papanastassiou, Marina, 1999. "Technology and production strategies of multinational enterprise (MNE) subsidiaries in Europe," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 213-232, April.
- Alex Eapen & Rekha Krishnan, 2019. "Transferring Tacit Know-How: Do Opportunism Safeguards Matter for Firm Boundary Decisions?," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(4), pages 715-734, July.
- Madhok, Anoop, 1996. "Know-how-, experience- and competition-related considerations in foreign market entry: An exploratory investigation," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 339-366, August.
- Tatoglu, Ekrem & W. Glaister, Keith, 1998. "An analysis of motives for western FDI in Turkey," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 203-230, April.
- Oh, Chang Hoon & Rugman, Alan M., 2012. "Regional integration and the international strategies of large European firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 493-507.
- Blomkvist, Katarina & Kappen, Philip & Zander, Ivo, 2017. "Gone are the creatures of yesteryear? On the diffusion of technological capabilities in the ‘modern’ MNC," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 1-16.
- Dettmann, Eva & Lacasa, Iciar Dominguez & Guenther, Jutta & Jindra, Bjorn, 2014. "Детерминанты Зарубежной Технологической Активности В Германии - Количественный Анализ Транснациональных Патентов [Determinants of Foreign Technological Activity in German Regions - A Count Model An," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 34-51.
- Schmiele, Anja, 2009. "Drivers for international innovation activities in developed and emerging countries," ZEW Discussion Papers 09-064, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- B. L. Pandit & N. S. Siddharthan, 2003. "MNEs and market valuation of firms: a cross-sectional study of Indian electrical and electronic goods manufacturing firms," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(6), pages 675-681.
- Jérôme Danguy, 2017.
"Globalization of innovation production: A patent-based industry analysis,"
Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(1), pages 75-94.
- Jérôme Danguy, 2014. "Globalization of Innovation Production: A Patent-Based Industry Analysis," iCite Working Papers 2014-009, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jérôme Danguy, 2017. "Globalization of innovation production: A patent-based industry analysis," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/259324, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kravtsova, Victoria, 2010. "Identifying patterns of outward foreign direct investments: Some empirical evidence," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-13, February.
- Adrielle Soares Alves & Naisy Silva Soares & Eliane Pinheiro de Sousa & Sócrates Moquete Guzmán, 2017. "Technical efficiency and the scale of sisal production in the state of Bahia (Brazil)," Apuntes. Revista de ciencias sociales, Fondo Editorial, Universidad del Pacífico, vol. 44(81), pages 37-61.
- Dettmann, Eva & Dominguez Lacasa, Iciar & Günther, Jutta & Jindra, Björn, 2013.
"Determinants of Foreign Technological Activity in German Regions – A Count Model Analysis of Transnational Patents (1996-2009),"
IWH Discussion Papers
12/2013, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Eva Dettmann & Iciar Dominguez Lacasa & Jutta Guenther & Bjorn Jindra, 2013. "Determinants of foreign technological activity in German regions - a count model analysis of transnational patents (1996-2009)," HSE Working papers WP BRP 17/STI/2013, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- John A. Cantwell & Lucia Piscitello, 2003. "The Recent Location of Foreign R&D Activities by Large MNCs in the European Regions. The Role of Different Sources of Spillovers," ERSA conference papers ersa03p322, European Regional Science Association.
- Rodrigo Alcântara Betiati & Armando Dalla Costa & Rodolfo Coelho Prates, 2017. "Innovation and foreign multinationals established in the state of Paraná (Brazil) between 1960 and 2015," Apuntes. Revista de ciencias sociales, Fondo Editorial, Universidad del Pacífico, vol. 44(81), pages 5-36.
- Perri, Alessandra & Andersson, Ulf & Nell, Phillip C. & Santangelo, Grazia D., 2013. "Balancing the trade-off between learning prospects and spillover risks: MNC subsidiaries’ vertical linkage patterns in developed countries," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 503-514.
More about this item
KeywordsNew Technology; Technology Transfer; International Economy;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:unuint:199702. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Ad Notten (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.