On Welfare under Cournot and Bertrand Competition in Differentiated Oligopolies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Judy Hsu & X. Wang, 2005. "On Welfare under Cournot and Bertrand Competition in Differentiated Oligopolies," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 27(2), pages 185-191, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Avinash Dixit, 1979.
"A Model of Duopoly Suggesting a Theory of Entry Barriers,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 20-32, Spring.
- Dixit, Avinash K., 1978. "A Model of Duopoly Suggesting a Theory of Entry Barriers," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 125, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
- Hackner, Jonas, 2000.
"A Note on Price and Quantity Competition in Differentiated Oligopolies,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 233-239, August.
- Häckner, Jonas, 1999. "A Note on Price and Quantity Competition in Differentiated Oligopolies," Research Papers in Economics 1999:9, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 2015. "Endogenous Horizontal Product Differentiation under Bertrand and Cournot Competition: Revisiting the Bertrand Paradox," NBER Working Papers 20966, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adler, Nicole & Hanany, Eran, 2016. "Regulating inter-firm agreements: The case of airline codesharing in parallel networks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 31-54.
- Koichi Kagitani & Takao Ohkawa & Makoto Okamura, 2016. "Does the Excess Entry Theorem Hold in a Differentiated Oligopoly?," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 84(3), pages 340-362, June.
- Jens Jurgan, 2009. "Cost Variations in a Differentiated Good Oligopoly," Working Papers 069, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- repec:bla:manchs:v:85:y:2017:i:3:p:282-294 is not listed on IDEAS
- Henry L. Friedman & John S. Hughes & Richard Saouma, 2016. "Implications of biased reporting: conservative and liberal accounting policies in oligopolies," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 251-279, March.
- Xing Gao & Weijun Zhong, 2016. "Economic incentives in security information sharing: the effects of market structures," Information Technology and Management, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 361-377, December.
- repec:spr:epolin:v:44:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s40812-016-0049-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jetheo:v:169:y:2017:i:c:p:641-665 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ya-chin Wang & Leonard f.s. Wang, 2009. "Equivalence Of Competition Mode In A Vertically Differentiated Duopoly With Delegation," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(4), pages 577-590, December.
- Ming Chang & Yan-Ching Ho, 2014. "Comparing Cournot and Bertrand equilibria in an asymmetric duopoly with product R&D," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 113(2), pages 133-174, October.
- Ming Chang, 2010. "An Asymmetric Oligopolist can Improve Welfare by Raising Price," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 36(1), pages 75-96, February.
- Amir, Rabah & Erickson, Philip & Jin, Jim, 2017.
"On the microeconomic foundations of linear demand for differentiated products,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 641-665.
- Rabah Amir & Philip Ericksonz & Jim Jin, 2015. "On the microeconomic foundations of linear demand for diferentiated products," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 201507, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- Sanderson, Benjamin L & Coatney, Kalyn T & Parman, Bryon J & Tack, Jesse B, 2016. "A Theoretical Analysis of Multiproduct Mergers: Application in the Major Meat Sectors," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236158, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jurgan, Jens, 2009. "Conjectural cost variations in a differentiated good oligopoly," W.E.P. - Würzburg Economic Papers 80, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- Corchón, Luis C. & Zudenkova, Galina, 2009.
"Computing welfare losses from data under imperfect competition with heterogeneous goods,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 646-654, November.
- Corchón, Luis C. & Zudenkova, Galina, 2008. "Computing welfare losses from data under imperfect competition with heterogeneous goods," UC3M Working papers. Economics we082616, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Sebastian von Engelhardt, 2010. "Quality Competition or Quality Cooperation? License-Type and the Strategic Nature of Open Source vs. Closed Source Business Models," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-034, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Tondji, Jean-Baptiste, 2016. "Welfare Analysis of Cournot and Bertrand Competition With(out) Investment in R & D," MPRA Paper 75806, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Dec 2016.
- Wang, X. Henry & Zhao, Jingang, 2007. "Welfare reductions from small cost reductions in differentiated oligopoly," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 173-185, February.
More about this item
KeywordsBertrand; Cournot; Differentiated oligopoly; Welfare;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:umc:wpaper:0514. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valerie Kulp). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edumous.html .