Results on the Stability of a Simple Wage Posting Model
This paper presents results on the stability of the wage dispersion model presented in Mortensen (2003). Specifically, we test four 'positive definite' learning processes on a single parameterisation of the underlying model, and submit the most successful to a thorough sensitivity analysis. The general result of existing studies of the stability of price dispersion models is that learning processes can converge on limiting distributions that qualitatively match the equilibrium distribution. In contrast, the most successful process considered in this paper can converge on a limiting distribution that quantitatively matches the equilibrium distribution. financial stability?
|Date of creation:||Nov 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: School of Economics, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NP|
Phone: +44 (0)1227 827497
Web page: http://www.kent.ac.uk/economics/
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roger Waldeck & Eric Darmon, 2006. "Can boundedly rational sellers learn to play Nash?," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 1(2), pages 147-169, November.
- Ian McCarthy, 2008. "Simulating Sequential Search Models with Genetic Algorithms: Analysis of Price Ceilings, Taxes, Advertising and Welfare," Caepr Working Papers 2008-010, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Cason, Timothy N. & Friedman, Daniel & Wagener, Florian, 2005. "The dynamics of price dispersion, or Edgeworth variations," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 801-822, April.
- Varian, Hal R, 1980. "A Model of Sales," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 651-659, September.
- Burdett, Kenneth & Judd, Kenneth L, 1983. "Equilibrium Price Dispersion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 955-969, July.
- Xing Gao & Weijun Zhong & Shue Mei, 2013. "Stochastic Evolutionary Game Dynamics and Their Selection Mechanisms," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 41(2), pages 233-247, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ukc:ukcedp:1319. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tracey Girling)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.