Environmental Innovations and Organizational Change: Is Complementarity a Firmâ€™s Asset in the Green Economy?
Along the line of the Porter hypothesis, firmâ€™s might react to and challenge environmental policy in a forward looking way. This needs a full restructuring of firmâ€™s assets, technologies and competencies. We empirically show through a bivariate probit analysis of environmental innovations (EI) drivers that manufacturing firms that are subject to more stringent policies might use complementarity between organizational strategies to enhance the adoption of EI more extensively.
|Date of creation:||20 Sep 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +39 0532 455006
Fax: +39 0532 205349
Web page: http://dipem.economia.unife.it/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Massimiliano Mazzanti & Roberto Zoboli, 2009. "Embedding environmental innovation in local production systems: SME strategies, networking and industrial relations: evidence on innovation drivers in industrial districts," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 169-195.
- Ambec, Stefan & Barla, Philippe, 2005.
"Can Environmental Regulations be Good for Business? an Assessment of the Porter Hypothesis,"
Cahiers de recherche
- Ambec, Stefan & Barla, Philippe, 2005. "Can Environmental Regulations be Good for Business? an Assessment of the Porter Hypothesis," Cahiers de recherche 0505, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Jean BELIN (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Jens HORBACH (University of Applied Sciences Augsburg) & Vanessa OLTRA (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113), 2011. "Determinants and Specificities of Eco-innovations – An Econometric Analysis for the French and German Industry based on the Community Innovation Survey," Cahiers du GREThA 2011-17, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Kemp René, 2010. "Eco-innovation: Definition, Measurement and Open Research Issues," Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 397-420.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1995. "Complementarities and fit strategy, structure, and organizational change in manufacturing," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 179-208, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:udf:wpaper:201212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alberto Benati)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.