Transferencias del sector público a la infancia y vejez en Uruguay (1994-2006)
In this paper we analyze the allocation of public resources by age group, estimate the net public transfers and study their role in consumption financing, comparing 1994 and 2006 in Uruguay. We use the National Transfers Account system, specially built for measuring economic flows between age groups. The main conclusions are: i) net public transfers implied resource flows from middle aged people to children as well as to the elderly; ii) net flows to the elderly were larger than those to children; iii) this gap between the net transfers received by the elders and those received by the children decreased between 1994 and 2006 due to the increase of public education expenditure and the decrease of public pensions outlays.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Constituyente 1502, 6to piso, CP 11200, Montevideo|
Phone: (598) 2410-6449
Fax: (598) 2410-6450
Web page: http://cienciassociales.edu.uy/departamentodeeconomia/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrew Mason & Ronald Lee & An-Chi Tung & Mun-Sim Lai & Tim Miller, 2009.
"Population Aging and Intergenerational Transfers: Introducing Age into National Accounts,"
in: Developments in the Economics of Aging, pages 89-122
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Mason & Ronald Lee & An-Chi Tung & Mun-Sim Lai & Tim Miller, 2006. "Population Aging and Intergenerational Transfers: Introducing Age into National Accounts," NBER Working Papers 12770, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David De Ferranti & Guillermo E. Perry & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Michael Walton, 2004. "Inequality in Latin America : Breaking with History?," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15009.
- Ignacio Alvarez & Natalia da Silva & Alvaro Forteza & Ianina Rossi, 2009.
"¿Qué incentivos al retiro genera la seguridad social? El caso uruguayo,"
Documentos de Trabajo (working papers)
2309, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Ignacio Álvarez & Natalia da Silva & Álvaro Forteza & Ianina Rossi, 2010. "¿Qué Incentivos al Retiro Genera la Seguridad Social? El Caso Uruguayo," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 47(136), pages 217-247.
- Marisa Bucheli & Rodrigo Ceni & Cecilia González, 2007. "Transferencias intergeneracionales en Uruguay," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0507, Department of Economics - dECON.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ude:wpaper:0310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrea Doneschi)or (Héctor Pastori)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.