Intergenerational Correlation Curves: Evidence from PSID
Correlations curves are used to measure the degree of association of father’s and son’s earnings locally, i.e. at different positions in the earnings distributions. The local correlation is nonlinear, and can be very different from local elasticities from nonparametric, or quantile regression. Elasticities should not be used to measure the local degree of association.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Edificio Gaspar Melchor de Jovellanos, Crta. de Valldemossa km 7,5, Palma 07122 (BALEARS)|
Web page: http://www.uib.es/depart/deaweb/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Björklund, Anders & Roine, Jesper & Waldenström, Daniel, 2008.
"Intergenerational Top Income Mobility in Sweden – Capitalist Dynasties in the Land of Equal Opportunity?,"
Working Paper Series
775, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 27 Sep 2010.
- Björklund, Anders & Roine, Jesper & Waldenström, Daniel, 2012. "Intergenerational top income mobility in Sweden: Capitalist dynasties in the land of equal opportunity?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(5), pages 474-484.
- Björklund, Anders & Roine, Jesper & Waldenström, Daniel, 2010. "Intergenerational top income mobility in Sweden: Capitalist dynasties in the land of equal opportunity?," Working Paper Series 9/2010, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Solon, Gary, 1999. "Intergenerational mobility in the labor market," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 29, pages 1761-1800 Elsevier.
- Nilsson, William & del Barrio Castro, Tomás, 2012. "Bootstrap confidence interval for a correlation curve," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 1-6.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ubi:deawps:58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xisco Oliver)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.