Duplication without Constraints: Alvarez Nogal and Chamleyâ€™s Analysis of Debt Policy under Philip II
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlos Álvarez-Nogal & Christophe Chamley, 2014.
"Debt policy under constraints: Philip II, the Cortes, and Genoese bankers,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 67(1), pages 192-213, February.
- Carlos Álvarez-Nogal & Christophe Chamley, 2014. "Debt policy under constraints: Philip II, the Cortes, and Genoese bankers," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00941859, HAL.
- Townsend, Robert M., 1979.
"Optimal contracts and competitive markets with costly state verification,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 265-293, October.
- Robert M. Townsend, 1979. "Optimal contracts and competitive markets with costly state verification," Staff Report 45, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Avner Greif & Lynne Kiesling & John V. C. Nye, 2015. "Institutions, Innovation, and Industrialization: Essays in Economic History and Development," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 10365.
- Regina Grafe, 2012. "Distant Tyranny: Markets, Power, and Backwardness in Spain, 1650-1800," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9625.
- Drelichman, Mauricio & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2010.
"The Sustainable Debts of Philip II: A Reconstruction of Castile's Fiscal Position, 1566–1596,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 70(04), pages 813-842, December.
- Mauricio Drelichman & Joachim Voth, 2006. "The sustainable debts of Philip II: A reconstruction of Castile's fiscal position, 1566-1596," Economics Working Papers 1121, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised May 2009.
- Drelichman, Mauricio & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2007. "The Sustainable Debts of Philip II: A Reconstruction of Castile's Fiscal Position, 1566-1596," Economics working papers drelichman-07-11-06-09-33, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 08 Apr 2010.
- Álvarez Nogal, Carlos & Chamley, Christophe, 2011. "Debt policy under constraints between Philip II, the Cortes and Genoese bankers," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp11-06, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- James Conklin, 1998. "The Theory of Sovereign Debt and Spain under Philip II," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(3), pages 483-513, June.
More about this item
KeywordsPhilip II; sovereign debt; defaults;
- N24 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: 1913-
- N44 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Europe: 1913-
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2015-09-11 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2015-09-11 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ubc:bricol:mauricio_drelichman-2015-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maureen Chin). General contact details of provider: http://www.economics.ubc.ca/ .