Institutional and regulatory changes in the financial markets after the crisis emergence (2007-09)
In this paper we analyze the most likely and the most desirable developments in financial markets and in a broader sense, the most desirable regulation of the financial sector. The purpose of the essay is in fact to analyze the most important issues of financial regulation and to highlight that finding the most desirable solutions are particularly difficult. These difficulties come from purely technical reasons, the multi-dimensionality of the analyzed problems, but also some aspects of the methodology and philosophy under the current methodological approach for financial regulation.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (00 34) 91 885 52 25
Fax: (00 34) 91 885 52 11
Web page: http://www.iaes.es
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rogoff, Kenneth, 1990.
"Equilibrium Political Budget Cycles,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 21-36, March.
- Rogoff, Kenneth & Sibert, Anne, 1988.
"Elections and Macroeconomic Policy Cycles,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Alesina, Alberto & Stella, Andrea, 2010.
"The Politics of Monetary Policy,"
Handbook of Monetary Economics,
in: Benjamin M. Friedman & Michael Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 18, pages 1001-1054
- Alberto Alesina & Carlo Favero & Francesco Giavazzi, 2012.
"The Output Effect of Fiscal Consolidations,"
NBER Working Papers
18336, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Alesina & Carlo Ambrogio Favero & Francesco Giavazzi, 2012. "The output effect of fiscal consolidations," Working Papers 450, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Alberto Alesina & Carlo Favero & Francesco Giavazzi, 2013. "The output effect of fiscal consolidations," Working Papers 478, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Alesina, Alberto F & Favero, Carlo A. & Giavazzi, Francesco, 2012. "The output effect of fiscal consolidations," CEPR Discussion Papers 9105, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giorgio Di Giorgio & Carmine Di Noia & Laura Piatti, 2000. "Financial Market Regulation: The Case of Italy and a Proposal for the Euro Area," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-24, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uae:wpaper:0214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Suarez)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.