An Empirical Analysis of Cellular Demand in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gasmi, Farid & Ivaldi, Marc & Recuero Virto, Laura, 2009. "An empirical analysis of cellular demand in South Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 7153, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gasmi, Farid & Ivaldi, Marc & Recuero Virto, Laura, 2008. "An Empirical Analysis of Cellular Demand in South Africa," IDEI Working Papers 531, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
References listed on IDEAS
- McKenzie, David J & Small, John P, 1997. "Econometric Cost Structure Estimates for Cellular Telephony in the United States," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 147-157, September.
- Sridhar, Kala Seetharan & Sridhar, Varadharajan, 2007.
"Telecommunications Infrastructure And Economic Growth: Evidence From Developing Countries,"
Applied Econometrics and International Development,
Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 7(2), pages 37-56.
- Sridhar, Kala Seetharam & Sridhar, Varadharajan, 2004. "Telecommunications infrastructure and economic growth: Evidence from developing countries," Working Papers 04/14, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Kala Seetharam Sridhar & Varadharajan Sridhar, 2009. "Telecommunications Infrastructure and Economic Growth: Evidence from Developing Countries," Working Papers id:2247, eSocialSciences.
- McFadden, Daniel L., 1984. "Econometric analysis of qualitative response models," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 24, pages 1395-1457 Elsevier.
- Dewenter Ralf & Haucap Justus, 2008.
"Demand Elasticities for Mobile Telecommunications in Austria,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 228(1), pages 49-63, February.
- Dewenter, Ralf & Haucap, Justus, 2007. "Demand Elasticities for Mobile Telecommunications in Austria," Ruhr Economic Papers 17, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Verboven, Frank, 2005.
"Quantifying the effects from horizontal mergers in European competition policy,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 23(9-10), pages 669-691, December.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Verboven, Frank, 2001. "Quantifying the Effects from Horizontal Mergers in European Competition Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 2697, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Torero, Maximo & Chowdhury, Shyamal K. & Galdo, Virgilio, 2003. "Willingness to pay for the rural telephone service in Bangladesh and Peru," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 327-361, September.
- Kenneth E. Train & Daniel L. McFadden & Moshe Ben-Akiva, 1987. "The Demand for Local Telephone Service: A Fully Discrete Model of Residential Calling Patterns and Service Choices," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(1), pages 109-123, Spring.
- Dewenter, Ralf & Haucap, Justus, 2004. "Estimating Demand Elasticities for Mobile Telecommunications in Austria," Working Paper 33/2004, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Steven T. Berry, 1994. "Estimating Discrete-Choice Models of Product Differentiation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(2), pages 242-262, Summer.
- Castro Martins, Maria Lurdes, 2003. "International differences in telecommunications demand," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 291-303, September.
- Foreman, R Dean & Beauvais, Edward, 1999. "Scale Economies in Cellular Telephony: Size Matters," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 297-306, November.
- Wolak, Frank A., 1996. "Can universal service survive in a competitive telecommunications environment? Evidence from the United States consumer expenditure survey," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 163-203, September.
More about this item
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-05-22 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-IND-2010-05-22 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tse:wpaper:22271. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tsetofr.html .