Log-Density Deconvolution by Wavelet Thresholding
This paper proposes a new wavelet-based method for deconvolving a density. The estimator combines the ideas of nonlinear wavelet thresholding with periodised Meyer wavelets and estimation by information projection. It is guaranteed to be in the class of density functions, in particular it is positive everywhere by construction. The asymptotic optimality of the estimator is established in terms of rate of convergence of the Kullback-Leibler discrepancy over Besov classes. Finite sample properties is investigated in detail, and show the excellent empirical performance of the estimator, compared with other recently introduced estimators.
|Date of creation:||11 Feb 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: (+33) 5 61 12 86 23|
Web page: http://www.tse-fr.eu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- JOHANNES, Jan & VAN BELLEGHEM, Sébastien & VANHEMS, Anne, 2007. "A unified approach to solve ill-posed inverse problems in econometrics," CORE Discussion Papers 2007083, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Koo, Ja-Yong & Kim, Woo-Chul, 1996. "Wavelet density estimation by approximation of log-densities," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 271-278, February.
- Daniela De Canditiis & Marianna Pensky, 2006. "Simultaneous Wavelet Deconvolution in Periodic Setting," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 33(2), pages 293-306.
- Peter Hall & Peihua Qiu, 2005. "Discrete-transform approach to deconvolution problems," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 92(1), pages 135-148, March.
- Ja-Yong Koo, 1999. "Logspline Deconvolution in Besov Space," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 26(1), pages 73-86.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tse:wpaper:22136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.