Simulation of Lévy-driven Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes with given marginal distribution
We provide a simulation procedure for obtaining discretely observed values of Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes with given (self-decomposable) marginal distribution. The method proposed, based on inversion of the characteristic function, completely circumvent problems encountered when trying to reproduce small jumps of Lévy processes. We provide error bounds for our procedure and asses numerically its performance.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2007|
|Date of revision:||23 May 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: via Inama, 5 -- I-38100 Trento TN|
Web page: http://www.unitn.it/disa
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: DISA Università degli Studi di Trento via Inama, 5 I-38122 Trento TN Italy|
Web: http://www.unitn.it/disa Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Karlis, Dimitris, 2002. "An EM type algorithm for maximum likelihood estimation of the normal-inverse Gaussian distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 43-52, March.
- Todorov, Viktor & Tauchen, George, 2006. "Simulation Methods for Levy-Driven Continuous-Time Autoregressive Moving Average (CARMA) Stochastic Volatility Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 24, pages 455-469, October.
- Wolfe, Stephen James, 1982. "On a continuous analogue of the stochastic difference equation Xn=[rho]Xn-1+Bn," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 301-312, May.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, 2003. "Integrated OU Processes and Non-Gaussian OU-based Stochastic Volatility Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 30(2), pages 277-295.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2001. "Non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based models and some of their uses in financial economics," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 167-241.
- Rubenthaler, Sylvain, 2003. "Numerical simulation of the solution of a stochastic differential equation driven by a Lévy process," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 311-349, February.
- Wiktorsson, Magnus, 2002. "Simulation of stochastic integrals with respect to Lévy processes of type G," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 113-125, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trt:disatr:123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roberto Gabriele)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.