Simulation of Lvy-driven Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes with given marginal distribution
A simulation procedure for obtaining discretely observed values of Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes with given (self-decomposable) marginal distribution is provided. The method proposed, based on inversion of the characteristic function, completely circumvents the problems encountered when trying to reproduce small jumps of Lvy processes. Error bounds for the proposed procedure are provided and its performance is numerically assessed.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wolfe, Stephen James, 1982. "On a continuous analogue of the stochastic difference equation Xn=[rho]Xn-1+Bn," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 301-312, May.
- Todorov, Viktor & Tauchen, George, 2006. "Simulation Methods for Levy-Driven Continuous-Time Autoregressive Moving Average (CARMA) Stochastic Volatility Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 24, pages 455-469, October.
- Wiktorsson, Magnus, 2002. "Simulation of stochastic integrals with respect to Lévy processes of type G," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 113-125, September.
- Rubenthaler, Sylvain, 2003. "Numerical simulation of the solution of a stochastic differential equation driven by a Lévy process," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 311-349, February.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, 2003. "Integrated OU Processes and Non-Gaussian OU-based Stochastic Volatility Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 30(2), pages 277-295.
- Karlis, Dimitris, 2002. "An EM type algorithm for maximum likelihood estimation of the normal-inverse Gaussian distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 43-52, March.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2001. "Non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based models and some of their uses in financial economics," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 167-241.