Complexity and Endogenous Instability
The global financial crisis proved the critical impact of the gap between individual rationality and group rationality. This gap is not supposed to arise in a Neoclassical world, but it frequently arises in a world as complex as ours. The paper explores how endogenous instability might arise due to such a gap, and what behavioral rules might help to mitigate its impact.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Inama 5, 38100 Trento|
Web page: http://www.assru.economia.unitn.it/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
Introductory Chapters,in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2009. "The Second Great Contraction," MPRA Paper 21485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Smith,Vernon L., 2009. "Rationality in Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521133388, Diciembre.
- Smith,Vernon L., 2008. "Rationality in Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521871358, Diciembre.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Mark D White, 2009. "Kantian Ethics and the Prisoners' Dilemma," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 137-143.
- John H. Nachbar, 2005. "Beliefs in Repeated Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(2), pages 459-480, 03.
- John H. Nachbar, 2003. "Beliefs in Repeated Games," ISER Discussion Paper 0597, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- repec:esx:essedp:582 is not listed on IDEAS
- James A. Kahn & Margaret M. McConnell & Gabriel Perez-Quiros, 2002. "On the causes of the increased stability of the U.S. economy," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue May, pages 183-202.
- Caprio, Gerard & Honohan, Patrick, 2001. "Finance for Growth: Policy Choices in a Volatile World," MPRA Paper 9929, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- World Bank, 2001. "Finance for Growth : Policy Choices in a Volatile World," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13895, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trn:utwpas:1203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email@example.com)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.