The Remarkable Durability of Thirlwall’s Law
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Miguel A. LeÛn-Ledesma & A. P. Thirlwall, 2002. "The endogeneity of the natural rate of growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(4), pages 441-459, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sergio Parrinello, 2014.
"A search for distinctive features of demand-led growth models,"
PSL Quarterly Review,
Economia civile, vol. 67(270), pages 309-342.
- Parrinello, Sergio, 2014. "A Search for Distinctive Features of Demand-led Growth Models," Centro Sraffa Working Papers CSWP2, Centro di Ricerche e Documentazione "Piero Sraffa".
- Araujo, Ricardo Azevedo, 2013.
"Cumulative causation in a structural economic dynamic approach to economic growth and uneven development,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 130-140.
- Araujo, Ricardo, 2011. "Cumulative Causation in a Structural Economic Dynamic Approach to Economic Growth and Uneven Development," MPRA Paper 29960, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mark Setterfield & Selen Ozcelik, 2017. "Is the balance of payments constrained growth rate time-varying? Exchange rate over valuation, policy-induced recessions, deindustrialization, and long run growth," Working Papers 1726, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- Porcile, Gabriel & Sartorello Spinola, Danilo, 2018. "Natural, effective and BOP-constrained rates of growth: Adjustment mechanisms and closure equations," MERIT Working Papers 003, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- repec:tei:journl:v:10:y:2017:i:3:p:80-89 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hein, Eckhard, 2016.
"Post-Keynesian macroeconomics since the mid-1990s: Main developments,"
IPE Working Papers
75/2016, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Eckhard Hein, 2017. "Post-Keynesian macroeconomics since the mid-1990s - main developments," FMM Working Paper 01-2017, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Peter Leško & Elias Soukiazis & Eva Muchova, 2016. "Are the transition economies balance-of-payments constrained? An aggregate and multi-sector approach applied to Central and Eastern Europe," GEMF Working Papers 2016-04, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- repec:psl:pslqrr:2017:13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elena Spasova, 2016. "Balance-of-payments constraints on Bulgarian economic growth," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 90-108.
- Marconi, Nelson & Reis, Cristina Fróes de Borja & Araújo, Eliane Cristina de, 2016. "Manufacturing and economic development: The actuality of Kaldor's first and second laws," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 75-89.
- Leon Podkaminer, 2017. "“Thirlwall’s Law” reconsidered," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 44(1), pages 29-57, February.
More about this item
KeywordsThirlwall’s law; balance-of-payments-constrained growth; export-led growth; demand-led growth; natural rate of growth.;
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-06-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-FDG-2011-06-11 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-PKE-2011-06-11 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tri:wpaper:1105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joshua Stillwagon). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edtrius.html .