Fair Trade-Organic Coffee Cooperatives, Migration, and Secondary Schooling in Southern Mexico
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Seth R. Gitter & Jeremy G. Weber & Bradford L. Barham & Mercedez Callenes & Jessa Lewis Valentine, 2012. "Fair Trade-Organic Coffee Cooperatives, Migration, and Secondary Schooling in Southern Mexico," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(3), pages 445-463, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ariel Fiszbein & Norbert Schady & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Margaret Grosh & Niall Keleher & Pedro Olinto & Emmanuel Skoufias, 2009. "Conditional Cash Transfers : Reducing Present and Future Poverty," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2597, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Meemken, Eva-Marie & Spielman, David J. & Qaim, Matin, 2017.
"Trading off nutrition and education? A panel data analysis of the dissimilar welfare effects of Organic and Fairtrade standards,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 74-85.
- Meemken, Eva-Marie & Spielman, David J. & Qaim, Matin, 2017. "Trading off nutrition and education? A panel data analysis of the dissimilar welfare effects of Organic and Fairtrade standards," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 253643, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Meemken, Eva-Marie & Spielman, David J. & Qaim, Matin, 2017. "Trading off nutrition and education? A panel data analysis of the dissimilar welfare effects of Organic and Fairtrade standards," 2017 International Congress, August 28-September 1, 2017, Parma, Italy 261267, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Naegele, Helene, 2020. "Where does the Fair Trade money go? How much consumers pay extra for Fair Trade coffee and how this value is split along the value chain," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 133(C).
- Klimczuk, Andrzej & Klimczuk-Kochańska, Magdalena, 2020. "Organic Agriculture," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 1-7.
- Hörner, Denise & Wollni, Meike, 2021. "Integrated soil fertility management and household welfare in Ethiopia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C).
- Akoyi, K.T. & Mitiku, F. & Maertens, M., 2018. "Is prohibiting child labour enough? Coffee certification and child schooling in Ethiopia and Uganda," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 275958, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Quinones, Esteban J. & Barham, Bradford L., 2018. "Endogenous Selection, Migration and Occupation Outcomes for Rural Southern Mexicans," Staff Paper Series 587, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Ninon Sirdey & Sylvaine Lemeilleur, 2021. "Can fair trade resolve the “hungry farmer paradox”?," Review of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Studies, Springer, vol. 102(1), pages 81-106, March.
- Helene Naegele, 2019. "Where Does the Fairtrade Money Go? How Much Consumers Pay Extra for Fairtrade Coffee and How This Value Is Split along the Value Chain," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1783, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Barrientos, Armando, 2012. "Social Transfers and Growth: What Do We Know? What Do We Need to Find Out?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 11-20.
- de Brauw, Alan & Gilligan, Daniel O. & Hoddinott, John & Roy, Shalini, 2014. "The Impact of Bolsa Família on Women’s Decision-Making Power," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 487-504.
- Benjamin Schwab, 2020.
"In the Form of Bread? A Randomized Comparison of Cash and Food Transfers in Yemen,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 102(1), pages 91-113, January.
- Schwab, Benjamin, 2013. "In the form of bread? A randomized comparison of cash and food transfers in Yemen," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150448, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- World Bank, . "Uruguay - Equality of Opportunity : Achievements and Challenges," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 2985, September.
- Verónica Amarante & Marco Manacorda & Edward Miguel & Andrea Vigorito, 2016.
"Do Cash Transfers Improve Birth Outcomes? Evidence from Matched Vital Statistics, Program, and Social Security Data,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 1-43, May.
- Amarante, Verónica & Manacorda, Marco & Miguel, Edward & Vigorito, Andrea, 2012. "Do Cash Transfers Improve Birth Outcomes? Evidence from Matched Vital Statistics, Program and Social Security Data," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt565889qz, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Ryckembusch, David & Frega, Romeo & Silva, Marcio Guilherme & Gentilini, Ugo & Sanogo, Issa & Grede, Nils & Brown, Lynn, 2013. "Enhancing Nutrition: A New Tool for Ex-Ante Comparison of Commodity-based Vouchers and Food Transfers," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 58-67.
- Margaret Triyana, 2016. "Do Health Care Providers Respond to Demand-Side Incentives? Evidence from Indonesia," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 255-288, November.
- Dopart, Alethea & Wodon, Quentin, 2012. "Тематическая Работа: Всестороннее Образование [Thematic Paper: Comprehensive Education]," MPRA Paper 45353, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jacobus de Hoop & Furio C. Rosati, 2014. "Cash Transfers and Child Labor," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 29(2), pages 202-234.
- Kanbur, Ravi, 2015. "Education For Climate Justice," Working Papers 250015, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Jere R. Behrman, 2019. "Human capital and social mobility in low- and middle-income countries," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2019-85, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Rae Lesser Blumberg & Kara Dewhurst & Soham G. Sen, . "Gender-inclusive Nutrition Activities in South Asia : Volume 2. Lessons from Global Experiences," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 15980, September.
- Vimal Ranchhod, 2017. "Household responses to the cessation of grant income: The case of South Africa's Old Age Pension," SALDRU Working Papers 213, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Jacobus Hoop & Patrick Premand & Furio Rosati & Renos Vakis, 2018.
"Women’s economic capacity and children’s human capital accumulation,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 31(2), pages 453-481, April.
- de Hoop, Jacobus & Premand, Patrick & Rosati, Furio C. & Vakis, Renos, 2017. "Women's Economic Capacity and Children's Human Capital Accumulation," IZA Discussion Papers 10501, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Berriel, Tiago Couto & Zilberman, Eduardo, 2011.
"Targeting the poor: a macroeconomic analysis of cash transfer programs,"
FGV EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE)
726, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil).
- Eduardo Zilberman & Tiago Berriel, 2012. "Targeting the Poor: A Macroeconomic Analysis of Cash Transfer Programs," Textos para discussão 598, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Eduardo Zilberman & Tiago Berriel, 2012. "Targeting the Poor: A Macroeconomic Analysis of Cash Transfer Programs," 2012 Meeting Papers 934, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia & Bruno Martorano, 2010. "Policies for Reducing Income Inequality: Latin America During the Last Decade," Working papers 1006, UNICEF,Division of Policy and Strategy.
- Sarah Gammage, 2010. "Time Pressed and Time Poor: Unpaid Household Work in Guatemala," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 79-112.
- Fernald, Lia C.H. & Hidrobo, Melissa, 2011. "Effect of Ecuador's cash transfer program (Bono de Desarrollo Humano) on child development in infants and toddlers: A randomized effectiveness trial," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(9), pages 1437-1446, May.
- Hahn, Youjin & Islam, Asadul & Patacchini, Eleonora & Zenou, Yves, 2017. "Do Friendship Networks Improve Female Education?," IZA Discussion Papers 10674, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Marina Bassi & Matías Busso & Sergio Urzúa & Jaime Vargas, 2012. "Disconnected: Skills, Education, and Employment in Latin America," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 79504, February.
More about this item
KeywordsLatin America; Mexico; Fair Trade; Organic; Migration; Education.;
All these keywords.
- N56 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2010-09-03 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2010-09-03 (Development)
- NEP-INT-2010-09-03 (International Trade)
- NEP-LAB-2010-09-03 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2010-09-03 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tow:wpaper:2010-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/detowus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Juergen Jung (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/detowus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.