Generalized Whittle Estimate For Nonstationary Spatial Data
This paper considers analysis of nonstationary irregularly spaced data that may have multivariate observations. The nonstationarity we focus on here means a local dependency of parameters that describe covariance structures. Nonparametric and parametric ways to estimate the local dependency of the parameters are proposed by an extension of traditional periodogram for stationary time series to that for nonstationary spatial data We introduce locally stationary processes for which consistency of the estimators are proved as well as demonstrate empirical efficiency of the methods by simulated and real examples.
|Date of creation:||May 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kawauchi, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8476|
Web page: http://www.econ.tohoku.ac.jp/econ/english/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yasumasa Matsuda & Yoshihiro Yajima, 2009. "Fourier analysis of irregularly spaced data on "R"-super-"d"," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 71(1), pages 191-217.
- IM, Hae Kyung & Stein, Michael L. & Zhu, Zhengyuan, 2007. "Semiparametric Estimation of Spectral Density With Irregular Observations," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 726-735, June.
- Yun Bai & Peter X.-K. Song & T. E. Raghunathan, 2012. "Joint composite estimating functions in spatiotemporal models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 74(5), pages 799-824, November.
- Kaufman, Cari G. & Schervish, Mark J. & Nychka, Douglas W., 2008. "Covariance Tapering for Likelihood-Based Estimation in Large Spatial Data Sets," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103(484), pages 1545-1555.
- Michael L. Stein & Zhiyi Chi & Leah J. Welty, 2004. "Approximating likelihoods for large spatial data sets," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(2), pages 275-296.
- Sudipto Banerjee & Alan E. Gelfand & Andrew O. Finley & Huiyan Sang, 2008. "Gaussian predictive process models for large spatial data sets," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 70(4), pages 825-848.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:toh:tergaa:305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tohoku University Library)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.