Charasoff and Dmitriev: An Analytical Characterisation of Origins of Linear Economics
Georg von Charasoff was one of the first economic theorists to recognise that the price of production is an eigenvector of the input matrix, and to determine the rate of profit using its eigenvalue. He anticipated, at this analytical level, most of the arguments that were proposed later in the course of the 'transformation problem'. This paper aims to reformulate his significant arguments in a formal manner and to reveal their logical relationship by reproducing the mathematical reasoning, so that the logical characteristic of his system can be identified in comparison with Dmitriev's and Bortkiewicz's linear economic system.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.econ.tohoku.ac.jp/econ/english/index.htmlEmail:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bowles, Samuel & Gintis, Herbert, 1978. "Professor Morishima on Heterogeneous Labour and Marxian Value Theory," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(3), pages 311-14, September.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521443258 is not listed on IDEAS
- Morishima, Michio, 1978. ""Marx in the Light of Modern Economic Theory": A Reply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(5), pages 1243, September.
- Bowles, Samuel & Gintis, Herbert, 1977. "The Marxian Theory of Value and Heterogeneous Labour: A Critique and Reformulation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 173-92, June.
- Heinz Kurz & Neri Salvadori, 2000. "'Classical' Roots of Input-Output Analysis: A Short Account of its Long Prehistory," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 153-179.
- Kenji Mori, 2008. "Maurice Potron'S Linear Economic Model: A De Facto Proof Of 'Fundamental Marxian Theorem'," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 511-529, 07.
- Salvadori, Neri & Signorino, Rodolfo, 2011. "Competition," MPRA Paper 38387, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:toh:tergaa:249. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tohoku University Library)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.