Charasoff and Dmitriev: An Analytical Characterisation of Origins of Linear Economics
Georg von Charasoff was one of the first economic theorists to recognise that the price of production is an eigenvector of the input matrix, and to determine the rate of profit using its eigenvalue. He anticipated, at this analytical level, most of the arguments that were proposed later in the course of the 'transformation problem'. This paper aims to reformulate his significant arguments in a formal manner and to reveal their logical relationship by reproducing the mathematical reasoning, so that the logical characteristic of his system can be identified in comparison with Dmitriev's and Bortkiewicz's linear economic system.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kawauchi, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8476|
Web page: http://www.econ.tohoku.ac.jp/econ/english/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kurz,Heinz D. & Salvadori,Neri, 1997.
"Theory of Production,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521588676, August.
- Kurz,Heinz D. & Salvadori,Neri, 1995. "Theory of Production," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521443258, August.
- Bowles, Samuel & Gintis, Herbert, 1978. "Professor Morishima on Heterogeneous Labour and Marxian Value Theory," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(3), pages 311-314, September.
- Kenji Mori, 2008. "Maurice Potron'S Linear Economic Model: A De Facto Proof Of 'Fundamental Marxian Theorem'," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 511-529, 07.
- Heinz Kurz & Neri Salvadori, 2000. "'Classical' Roots of Input-Output Analysis: A Short Account of its Long Prehistory," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 153-179.
- Bowles, Samuel & Gintis, Herbert, 1977. "The Marxian Theory of Value and Heterogeneous Labour: A Critique and Reformulation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 173-192, June.
- Salvadori, Neri & Signorino, Rodolfo, 2011. "Competition," MPRA Paper 38387, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Morishima, Michio, 1978. ""Marx in the Light of Modern Economic Theory": A Reply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(5), pages 1243-1243, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:toh:tergaa:249. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tohoku University Library)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.