Can open sourcing lead to inferior standards?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lerner, Josh & Tirole, Jean, 2002. "Some Simple Economics of Open," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 197-234, June.
- West, Joel, 2003. "How open is open enough?: Melding proprietary and open source platform strategies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1259-1285, July.
- Schmidt, Klaus M. & Schnitzer, Monika, 2003. "Public Subsidies for Open Source? Some Economic Policy Issues of the Software Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 3793, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dalle, Jean-Michel & Jullien, Nicolas, 2003.
"'Libre' software: turning fads into institutions?,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 1-11, January.
- Jean-Michel Dalle & Nicolas Jullien, 2003. ""Libre" software : turning fads into institutions?," Post-Print hal-00287967, HAL.
- Stephen M. Maurer & Suzanne Scotchmer, 2006. "Open Source Software: The New Intellectual Property Paradigm," NBER Working Papers 12148, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lorenz NETT, 1993. "Mixed Oligopoly With Homogeneous Goods," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 367-393, July.
More about this item
Keywordsopen source software; FLOSS; standardization; network externalities; competition;
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-IPR-2009-01-17 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-MIC-2009-01-17 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-NET-2009-01-17 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tkk:dpaper:dp27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aleksandra Maslowska). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tukkkfi.html .