New Evidence on Price and Volatility Effects of Stock Option Introductions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kabir, M.R., 1997. "New Evidence on Price and Volatility Effects of Stock Option Introductions," Discussion Paper 1997-37, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Detemple, Jerome & Jorion, Philippe, 1990. "Option listing and stock returns : An empirical analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 781-801, October.
- Elfakhani, Said & Chaudhury, Mohammed, 1995. "The volatility effect of option listing: Some Canadian evidence," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 97-116.
- Conrad, Jennifer, 1989. " The Price Effect of Option Introduction," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 487-498, June.
- Fedenia, Mark & Grammatikos, Theoharry, 1992. "Options Trading and the Bid-Ask Spread of the Underlying Stocks," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(3), pages 335-351, July.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Damodaran, Aswath & Lim, Joseph, 1991. "The effects of option listing on the underlying stocks' return processes," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 647-664, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sabrina Ecca & Michele Marchesi & Alessio Setzu, 2008. "Modeling and Simulation of an Artificial Stock Option Market," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 32(1), pages 37-53, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sahlstrom, Petri, 2001. "Impact of stock option listings on return and risk characteristics in Finland," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 19-36.
- Chaudhury, Mohammed & Elfakhami, Said, 1997. "Listing of put options: Is there any volatility effect?," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 57-75.
- Clarke, Michael & Gannon, Gerard & Vinning, Russell, 2007. "The impact of warrant introduction: Australian experience," Working Papers aef_2007_11, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Ors, Evren & Peterson, Mark A. & Seguin, Paul J., 2004.
"Margin regulation and market quality: a microstructure analysis,"
Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 549-574, September.
- Evren Ors & Gordon J. Alexander & Mark A. Peterson & Paul J. Seguin, 2004. "Margin regulation and market quality: a microstructure analysis," Post-Print hal-00460981, HAL.
- Khelifa Mazouz & Michael Bowe, 2009. "Does options listing impact on the time-varying risk characteristics of the underlying stocks? Evidence from NYSE stocks listed on the CBOE," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 203-212.
- Shinhua Liu, 2010. "Equity Options and Underlying Stocks' Behavior: Further Evidence from Japan," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 10(3), pages 293-312, September.
- Bollen, Nicolas P. B., 1998. "A note on the impact of options on stock return volatility1," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1181-1191, September.
- Kabir, M.R., 2000. "The price and volatility effects of stock option introductions : A Reexamination," Other publications TiSEM 42b009c3-f316-42c6-8aed-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Augustin, Patrick & Rubtsov, Alexey & Shin, Donghwa, 2022. "The impact of derivatives on spot markets: Evidence from the introduction of bitcoin futures contracts," LawFin Working Paper Series 41, Goethe University, Center for Advanced Studies on the Foundations of Law and Finance (LawFin).
- Mohammed Chaudhury & Said Elfakhami, 1997. "Listing of put options: Is there any volatility effect?," Review of Financial Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 6(1), pages 57-75.
- de Jong, C.M., 2001. "Informed Option Trading Strategies," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2001-55-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- de Jong, Cyriel & Koedijk, Kees & Schnitzlein, Charles, 2002. "Stock Market Quality in the Prescence of a Traded Option," CEPR Discussion Papers 3173, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Shinhua Liu, 2016. "Are SPDR Options Good for the Underlying Stocks?," Quarterly Journal of Finance (QJF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 6(04), pages 1-27, December.
- Rich Fortin & Judy Maese, 1992. "Option Introduction and Liquidity Changes in the OTC/NASDAQ Equity Market," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 2(1), pages 39-52, Fall.
- Thuy Khang Huynh & Vijay Shenai, 2019. "Option Trading Volumes and Their Impact on Stock Prices at Earnings’ Announcements: A Study of S & P100 Stocks in the Post Crisis Era 2010-2017," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 9(3), pages 83-103, July.
- Hernandez-Trillo, Fausto, 1999. "Financial derivatives introduction and stock return volatility in an emerging market without clearinghouse: The Mexican experience," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 153-176, April.
- Stewart Mayhew & Vassil Mihov, 2000. "Another Look at Option Listing Effects," Finance 0004002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asli Ascioglu & Murat Aydogdu & Lynn Phillips Kugele, 2013. "The Impact of Option Listing on the Trading Activity of Turkcell’s American Depository Receipt (ADR)," Bogazici Journal, Review of Social, Economic and Administrative Studies, Bogazici University, Department of Economics, vol. 27(1), pages 1-18.
- Hamill, Philip A. & Opong, Kwaku K. & McGregor, Pat, 2002. "Equity option listing in the UK: a comparison of market-based research methodologies," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 91-108, January.
- Imran Riaz Malik & Attaullah Shah, 2016. "Resumption of Single Stock Futures (SSFs) with Stringent Regulations and their Impact on the Risk Characteristics of the Underlying Stocks," Business & Economic Review, Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar, Pakistan, vol. 8(2), pages 1-22, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tiu:tiutis:5cd478a7-38da-4db0-9d8d-a22181ec2079. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about/schools/economics-and-management/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Richard Broekman (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about/schools/economics-and-management/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.