Listing of put options: Is there any volatility effect?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Deirdre N. McCloskey & Stephen T. Ziliak, 1996. "The Standard Error of Regressions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(1), pages 97-114, March.
- Detemple, Jerome B & Selden, Larry, 1991. "A General Equilibrium Analysis of Option and Stock Market Interactions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(2), pages 279-303, May.
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1988.
"An Analysis of the Implications for Stock and Futures Price Volatility of Program Trading and Dynamic Hedging Strategies,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(3), pages 275-298, July.
- Sanford J. Grossman, 1987. "An Analysis of the Implications for Stock and Futures Price Volatility of Program Trading and Dynamic Hedging Strategies," NBER Working Papers 2357, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ma, Christopher K & Rao, Ramesh P, 1988. "Information Asymmetry and Options Trading," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 23(1), pages 39-51, February.
- Jennings, Robert & Starks, Laura, 1986. " Earnings Announcements, Stock Price Adjustment, and the Existence of Option Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(1), pages 107-125, March.
- Stein, Jeremy C, 1987.
"Informational Externalities and Welfare-Reducing Speculation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(6), pages 1123-1145, December.
- Stein, Jeremy C., 1987. "Informational Externalities and Welfare-Reducing Speculation," Scholarly Articles 3660740, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Back, Kerry, 1993. "Asymmetric Information and Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(3), pages 435-472.
- Conrad, Jennifer, 1989. " The Price Effect of Option Introduction," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 487-498, June.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1986. "Asset pricing and the bid-ask spread," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 223-249, December.
- Stephen A. Ross, 1976.
"Options and Efficiency,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 90(1), pages 75-89.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "Options and Efficiency," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 03-74, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "Options and Efficiency," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 3-74, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Skinner, Douglas J., 1989. "Options markets and stock return volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 61-78, June.
- Fedenia, Mark & Grammatikos, Theoharry, 1992. "Options Trading and the Bid-Ask Spread of the Underlying Stocks," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(3), pages 335-351, July.
- Kim, Wi Saeng & Young, Colin M, 1991. "The Effect of Traded Option Introduction on Shareholder Wealth," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 14(2), pages 141-153, Summer.
- Dybvig, Philip H & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr, 1982. "Mean-Variance Theory in Complete Markets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(2), pages 233-251, April.
- Stucki, Thomas & Wasserfallen, Walter, 1994. "Stock and option markets: the Swiss evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 881-893, October.
- Damodaran, Aswath & Lim, Joseph, 1991. "The effects of option listing on the underlying stocks' return processes," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 647-664, June.
- Detemple, Jerome & Jorion, Philippe, 1990. "Option listing and stock returns : An empirical analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 781-801, October.
- Figlewski, Stephen & Webb, Gwendolyn P, 1993. " Options, Short Sales, and Market Completeness," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(2), pages 761-777, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hiremath, Gourishankar S, 2009. "Effects of Option Introduction on Price and Volatility of Underlying Assets - A Review," MPRA Paper 46512, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mazouz, Khelifa, 2004. "The effect of CBOE option listing on the volatility of NYSE traded stocks: a time-varying variance approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 695-708, December.
- Joao Paulo Tome Calado & Maria Teresa Medeiros Garcia & Sergio Emanuel Tome Mendes Pereira, 2005. "An empirical analysis of the effects of options and futures listing on the underlying stock return volatility: the Portuguese case," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(13), pages 907-913.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:revfin:v:6:y:1997:i:1:p:57-75. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620170 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.