The impact of warrant introduction: Australian experience
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Detemple, Jerome B & Selden, Larry, 1991. "A General Equilibrium Analysis of Option and Stock Market Interactions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(2), pages 279-303, May.
- J. Cable & K. Holland, 1999. "Modelling normal returns in event studies: a model-selection approach and pilot study," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 331-341.
- Chen, K. C. & Wu, Lifan, 2001. "Introduction and expiration effects of derivative equity warrants in Hong Kong," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 37-52.
- William Bertin & Paul Fowler & David Michayluk & Laurie Prather, 2010. "An analysis of Australian exchange traded options and warrants," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 34(2), pages 150-172, April.
- Conrad, Jennifer, 1989. " The Price Effect of Option Introduction," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 487-498, June.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Andrea Caggese, 2000. "Effects of index option introduction on stock index volatility: a procedure for empirical testing based on SSC-GARCH models," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 323-341.
- Michael Aitken & Reuben Segara, 2005. "Impact of warrant introductions on the behaviour of underlying stocks: Australian evidence," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 45(1), pages 127-144, March.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. "Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-1617, December.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Danielsen, Bartley R. & Sorescu, Sorin M., 2001. "Why Do Option Introductions Depress Stock Prices? A Study of Diminishing Short Sale Constraints," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(4), pages 451-484, December.
- Ball, R & Brown, P, 1968. "Empirical Evaluation Of Accounting Income Numbers," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 159-178.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Damodaran, Aswath & Lim, Joseph, 1991. "The effects of option listing on the underlying stocks' return processes," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 647-664, June.
- Diamond, Douglas W. & Verrecchia, Robert E., 1987. "Constraints on short-selling and asset price adjustment to private information," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 277-311, June.
- Detemple, Jerome & Jorion, Philippe, 1990. "Option listing and stock returns : An empirical analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 781-801, October.
- Dyckman, T & Philbrick, D & Stephan, J, 1984. "A Comparison Of Event Study Methodologies Using Daily Stock Returns - A Simulation Approach," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22, pages 1-30.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Michael Clarke & Gerard Gannon & Russell Vinning, 2011. "The Impact of Warrant Introduction: The Australian Experience," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 14(02), pages 213-269.
- Shinhua Liu, 2010. "Equity Options and Underlying Stocks' Behavior: Further Evidence from Japan," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 10(3), pages 293-312, September.
- George Filis & Christos Floros & Bruno Eeckels, 2011. "Option listing, returns and volatility: evidence from Greece," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(19), pages 1423-1435.
- Hamill, Philip A. & Opong, Kwaku K. & McGregor, Pat, 2002. "Equity option listing in the UK: a comparison of market-based research methodologies," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 91-108, January.
- Alejandro Bernales & Thanos Verousis & Nikolaos Voukelatos & Mengyu Zhang, 2020. "What do we know about individual equity options?," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 40(1), pages 67-91, January.
- Augustin, Patrick & Rubtsov, Alexey & Shin, Donghwa, 2022. "The impact of derivatives on spot markets: Evidence from the introduction of bitcoin futures contracts," LawFin Working Paper Series 41, Goethe University, Center for Advanced Studies on the Foundations of Law and Finance (LawFin).
- Roll, Richard & Schwartz, Eduardo & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2009. "Options trading activity and firm valuation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 345-360, December.
- Berkowitz, Jason P. & Depken, Craig A. & Gandar, John M., 2015. "Information and accuracy in pricing: Evidence from the NCAA men׳s basketball betting market," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 16-32.
- Banerjee, Pradip & Chatrath, Arjun & Christie-David, Rohan & Maitra, Debasish, 2018. "The effects of options listing and delisting in a short-sale-constrained market: Evidence from the Indian equities markets," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 157-169.
- Du, Brian & Fung, Scott, 2018. "Directional information effects of options trading: Evidence from the banking industry," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 149-168.
- Lundstrum, Leonard L. & Walker, Mark D., 2006. "LEAPS introductions and the value of the underlying stocks," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 494-510, October.
- Chaudhury, Mohammed & Elfakhami, Said, 1997. "Listing of put options: Is there any volatility effect?," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 57-75.
- Dannhauser, Caitlin D., 2017. "The impact of innovation: Evidence from corporate bond exchange-traded funds (ETFs)," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 125(3), pages 537-560.
- Kanungo, Rama Prasad, 2021. "Uncertainty of M&As under asymmetric estimation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 774-793.
- Alejandro Bernales & Massimo Guidolin, 2013. "The Effects of Information Asymmetries on the Success of Stock Option Listings," Working Papers 484, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Kabir, M.R., 1997.
"New Evidence on Price and Volatility Effects of Stock Option Introductions,"
Other publications TiSEM
5cd478a7-38da-4db0-9d8d-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Kabir, M.R., 1997. "New Evidence on Price and Volatility Effects of Stock Option Introductions," Discussion Paper 1997-37, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Mohammed Chaudhury & Said Elfakhami, 1997. "Listing of put options: Is there any volatility effect?," Review of Financial Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 6(1), pages 57-75.
- Faff, Robert & Hillier, David, 2005. "Complete markets, informed trading and equity option introductions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1359-1384, June.
- Apostolos Burnetas & Peter Ritchken, 2005. "Option Pricing with Downward-Sloping Demand Curves: The Case of Supply Chain Options," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(4), pages 566-580, April.
- Ma, Chenghu & Hu, Jianqiang & Xu, Yifan, 2018. "Margins on short sales and equilibrium price indeterminacy," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 79-92.
More about this item
KeywordsDerivatives; Warrants; Market Efficiency; Event Study.;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dkn:acctwp:aef_2007_11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sedeaau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Xueli Tang (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sedeaau.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.