Inequality as pollution, pollution as inequality : The social-ecological nexus
Ecological crises born with the Anthropocene have arrived at a paradoxical juncture: as environmental degradations gradually become unbearable, environmental concern seems to become intolerable. One can think of two powerful forces at play behind this striking paradox sidestepping environmental emergency when it is most warranted (...).
|Date of creation:||2014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.sciencespo.fr/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James K. Boyce, 2002. "The Political Economy of the Environment," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2080.
- Janet Currie, 2011.
"Inequality at Birth: Some Causes and Consequences,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 1-22, May.
- Janet Currie, 2011. "Inequality at Birth: Some Causes and Consequences," NBER Working Papers 16798, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baland, J-M & Platteau, J-P, 1997. "Wealth Inequality and Efficiency in the Commons," Papers 193, Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 1997. "Wealth Inequality and Efficiency in the Commons: Part I: The Unregulated Case," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(4), pages 451-482, October.
- Nolan McCarty & Keith T. Poole & Howard Rosenthal, 2008. "Polarized America: The Dance of Ideology and Unequal Riches," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262633612, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spo:wpmain:info:hdl:2441/f6h8764enu2lskk9p4a36i6c0. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Spire @ Sciences Po Library)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.