Economies Of Scale In The Swiss Nursing Home Industry
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Massimo Filippini, 2001. "Economies of scale in the Swiss nursing home industry," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 43-46.
References listed on IDEAS
- Filippini, Massimo & Maggi, Rico, 1993. "Efficiency and Regulation in the Case of the Swiss Private Railways," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 199-216, June.
- Lee Mobley & W. David Bradford, 1997. "Behavioural differences among hospitals: it is ownership, or location?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(9), pages 1125-1138.
- Vitaliano, Donald F. & Toren, Mark, 1994. "Cost and efficiency in nursing homes: a stochastic frontier approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 281-300, October.
- Douglas W. Caves & Laurits R. Christensen & Michael W. Tretheway, 1984. "Economies of Density versus Economies of Scale: Why Trunk and Local Service Airline Costs Differ," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 471-489, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Atsushi Iimi, 2003. "Efficiency in the Pakistani Banking Industry: Empirical Evidence after the Structural Reform in the Late 1990s," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 42(1), pages 41-57.
- repec:zbw:rwidps:0038 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frondel, Manuel & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2006. "On the Restrictiveness of Separability: The Significance of Energy in German Manufacturing," RWI Discussion Papers 38, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Manuel Frondel & Christoph M. Schmidt, 2006. "On the Restrictiveness of Separability: The Significance of Energy in German Manufacturing," RWI Discussion Papers 0038, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Diego Lunati, 2008.
"Economies of Scale and Efficiency Measurement in Switzerland's Nursing Homes,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 144(III), pages 359-378, September.
- Medhi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Diego Lunati, 2008. "Economies of scale and efficiency measurement in Switzerland's Nursing homes," Quaderni della facoltà di Scienze economiche dell'Università di Lugano 0801, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Lars-Erik Borge & Marianne Haraldsvik, 2009. "Efficiency potential and determinants of efficiency: An analysis of the care of elderly sector in Norway," Working Paper Series 10109, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Massimo Filippini & Martin Koller & Urs Trinkner, 2010. "Do opening hours and unobserved heterogeneity affect economies of scale and scope in postal outlets?," Quaderni della facoltà di Scienze economiche dell'Università di Lugano 1007, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Michael Kuenzle, 2005. "Unobserved heterogeneity in stochastic cost frontier models: an application to Swiss nursing homes," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(18), pages 2127-2141.
More about this item
Keywordsnursing homes; Switzerland; panel data; cost function;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- C49 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:soz:wpaper:9901. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marita Kieser). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seizhch.html .