Performance of Microfinance: The Role of Subsidies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Khandker, S.R. & Khalily, B. & Khan, Z., 1995. "Grameen Bank: Performance and Sustainability," World Bank - Discussion Papers 306, World Bank.
- Mark Schreiner & Jacob Yaron, 2001. "Development Finance Institutions : Measuring Their Subsidy," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13983.
- Mark Schreiner, 2003.
"A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of the Grameen Bank of Bangladesh,"
Development Policy Review,
Overseas Development Institute, vol. 21, pages 357-382, May.
- Mark Schreiner, 2001. "A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of the Grameen Bank of Bangladesh," Development and Comp Systems 0109007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yaron, J., 1992. "Assessing Development Finance Institutions; A Public Interest Analysis," World Bank - Discussion Papers 174, World Bank.
- Morduch, Jonathan, 1999. "The role of subsidies in microfinance: evidence from the Grameen Bank," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 229-248, October.
- Congo, Youssoufou, 2002. "Performance of Microfinance Institutions in Burkina Faso," WIDER Working Paper Series 001, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Janda, Karel & Tran, Quang & Zetek, Pavel, 2014.
"Vliv externího financování na mikrofinanční rozvoj - makro perspektiva
[Influence of external funding on microfinance performance - macro perspective]," MPRA Paper 58166, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abalo Kodjo, 2016. "Sustainability of Microfinance Institutions in Togo," Research Papers RP_327, African Economic Research Consortium.
- Janda, Karel & Zetek, Pavel, 2014. "The Impact of Public Spending on the Performance of Microfinance Institutions," MPRA Paper 55690, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Karel Janda & Van Quang Tran & Pavel Zetek, 2015.
"Faktory ovlivňující zapojení žen v mikrofinancích
[The Factors Influencing the Participation of Women in Microfinance]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2015(3), pages 363-381.
- Wijesiri, Mahinda & Yaron, Jacob & Meoli, Michele, 2015. "Performance of microfinance institutions in achieving the poverty outreach and financial sustainability: When age and size matter?," MPRA Paper 69821, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Janda, Karel & Van Tran, Quang & Zetek, Pavel, 2014. "Influence of External Funding on Microfinance Performance," MPRA Paper 58170, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, Rui & Hartarska, Valentina, 2018. "Are All Banking Crises the Same: Evidence from MFIs," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274227, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Janda, Karel & Van Tran, Quang & Zetek, Pavel, 2014.
"Vybrané faktory ovlivňující zapojení žen v mikrofinancích
[The Selected Factors Influencing the Participation of Women in Microfinance]," MPRA Paper 59109, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Naseer, Imran & Azam, Amir, 2019. "Role of Micro finance Institutions In Promoting Financial Inclusion and Economic Growth," MPRA Paper 97633, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Dec 2019.
- Miranda-Reyna, Montserrat & Carrillo-Urbina, Gilberto Jaime, 2017. "Impacto de los indicadores financieros en el desempeño de las instituciones microfinancieras en México: un estudio de panel desbalanceado," eseconomía, Escuela Superior de Economía, Instituto Politécnico Nacional, vol. 12(46), pages 41-60, Primer se.
More about this item
KeywordsMicrofinance institutions; Subsidies; Sustainability;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, Operations, and Impact
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:10-008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.