What Explains the Canada-U.S. Software Investment Intensity Gap?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- François Lequiller & Nadim Ahmad & Seppo Varjonen & William Cave & Kil-Hyo Ahn, 2003. "Report of the OECD Task Force on Software Measurement in the National Accounts," OECD Statistics Working Papers 2003/1, OECD Publishing.
- Baldwin, John R. & Macdonald, Ryan, 2009. "PPPs: Purchasing Power or Producing Power Parities?," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2009058e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Andrew Sharpe, 2006. "The Relationship between ICT Investment and Productivity in the Canadian Economy: A Review of the Evidence," CSLS Research Reports 2006-05, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Theo S. Eicher & Thomas Strobel, 2008. "The Rise and Fall of German Productivity Software Investment as the Decisive Driver," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 54(3), pages 386-413, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jasmin Thomas, 2016. "New Evidence on the Canada-U.S. ICT Investment Gap, 1976-2014 Selected OECD Countries, 1986-2013," CSLS Research Reports 2016-17, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Jasmin Thomas, 2016. "Explaining Industry Differences in IT Investment Per Worker Between Canada and the United States, 2002-2013," CSLS Research Reports 2016-01, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
More about this item
KeywordsCanada; United States; Software; Investment; Gap; Productivity; Business Sector;
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- N92 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MAC-2015-02-28 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sls:resrep:1404. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CSLS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cslssca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.