Projective Market Model Approach to AHP Decision-Making
In this paper we describe market in projective geometry language and give definition of a matrix of market rate, which is related to the matrix rate of return and the matrix of judgements in the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP). We use these observations to extend the AHP model to projective geometry formalism and generalise it to intransitive case. We give financial interpretations of such generalised model and propose its simplification. The unification of the AHP model and projective aspect of portfolio theory suggests a wide spectrum of new applications such extended model.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://physics.uwb.edu.pl/ift/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marcin Makowski & Edward W. Piotrowski, . "Quantum Cat's Dilemma: an Example of Intransitivity in a Quantum Game," Departmental Working Papers 28, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
- Edward W. Piotrowski & Jan Sladkowski, . "Geometry of Financial Markets - Towards Information Theory Model of Markets," Departmental Working Papers 26, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
- Piotrowski, E.W & Sładkowski, J, 2002.
"Quantum market games,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 312(1), pages 208-216.
- Zambrzycka, Anna & Piotrowski, Edward W., 2007. "The matrix rate of return," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 382(1), pages 347-353.
- Vargas, Luis G., 1990. "An overview of the analytic hierarchy process and its applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 2-8, September.
- Kwiesielewicz, M., 1996. "The logarithmic least squares and the generalized pseudoinverse in estimating ratios," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 611-619, September.
- Anna Zambrzycka & Edward W. Piotrowski, . "The Matrix Rate of Return," Departmental Working Papers 25, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sla:eakjkl:32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.