The relativistic velocity addition law optimizes a forecast gambler's profit
We extend the projective covariant bookmaker's bets model to the forecasting gamblers case. The probability of correctness of forecasts shifts probabilities of branching. The formula for the shift of probabilities leads to the velocity addition rule of the special theory of relativity. In the absence of information about bookmaker's wagers the stochastic logarithmic rates completely determines the optimal stakes of forecast gambler.
|Date of creation:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Institute of Physics, Uniwersytecka 4, Pl-40007 Katowice|
Web page: http://physics.uwb.edu.pl/ift/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marcin Makowski & Edward W. Piotrowski, "undated". "Quantum Cat's Dilemma: an Example of Intransitivity in a Quantum Game," Departmental Working Papers 28, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
- E. W. Piotrowski & M. Schroeder, 2007.
"Kelly criterion revisited: optimal bets,"
The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems,
Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 57(2), pages 201-203, 05.
- Edward W. Piotrowski & Malgorzata Schroeder, 2006. "Kelly Criterion revisited: optimal bets," Papers physics/0607166, arXiv.org.
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2001. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 1-4, January.
- Anna Szczypinska & Edward W. Piotrowski, "undated". "Projective Market Model Approach to AHP Decision-Making," Departmental Working Papers 32, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
- Edward W. Piotrowski & Jan Sladkowski, "undated". "Geometry of Financial Markets - Towards Information Theory Model of Markets," Departmental Working Papers 26, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
- Edward W. Piotrowski & Malgorzata Schroeder, "undated". "Kelly Criterion Revisited: Optimal Bets," Departmental Working Papers 24, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sla:eakjkl:31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.