The relativistic velocity addition law optimizes a forecast gambler's profit
We extend the projective covariant bookmaker's bets model to the forecasting gamblers case. The probability of correctness of forecasts shifts probabilities of branching. The formula for the shift of probabilities leads to the velocity addition rule of the special theory of relativity. In the absence of information about bookmaker's wagers the stochastic logarithmic rates completely determines the optimal stakes of forecast gambler.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://physics.uwb.edu.pl/ift/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edward W. Piotrowski & Malgorzata Schroeder, . "Kelly Criterion Revisited: Optimal Bets," Departmental Working Papers 24, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2001. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 1-4, January.
- Anna Szczypinska & Edward W. Piotrowski, . "Projective Market Model Approach to AHP Decision-Making," Departmental Working Papers 32, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
- Edward W. Piotrowski & Jan Sladkowski, . "Geometry of Financial Markets - Towards Information Theory Model of Markets," Departmental Working Papers 26, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
- E. W. Piotrowski & M. Schroeder, 2007. "Kelly criterion revisited: optimal bets," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 57(2), pages 201-203, 05.
- Marcin Makowski & Edward W. Piotrowski, . "Quantum Cat's Dilemma: an Example of Intransitivity in a Quantum Game," Departmental Working Papers 28, University of Bialtystok, Department of Theoretical Physics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sla:eakjkl:31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.