Affirmative Action and Political Participation: Elected Representatives in the Panchayats of Orissa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Lederman & Norman V. Loayza & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2005.
"Accountability And Corruption: Political Institutions Matter,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17, pages 1-35, March.
- Lederman, Daniel & Loayza, Norman & Reis Soares, Rodrigo, 2001. "Accountability and corruption : political institutions matter," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2708, The World Bank.
- Anand Inbanathan, 2001. "Representation and Accountability in Local Government: The Panchayats of Karnataka," Working Papers 96, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- Nirmala Rao, 1998. "Representation in Local Politics: a Reconsideration and some New Evidence," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 46(1), pages 19-35, March.
- Blair, Harry, 2000. "Participation and Accountability at the Periphery: Democratic Local Governance in Six Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 21-39, January.
More about this item
KeywordsAffirmative Action; Political Participation; Panchyat Election; Orissa;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sch:wpaper:166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (B B Chand). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iseccin.html .