Using Resource Scarceness Characteristics to Solve the Multi-Mode Resource-Constrained Project Scheduling Problem
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marti, Rafael & Laguna, Manuel & Glover, Fred, 2006. "Principles of scatter search," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 169(2), pages 359-372, March.
- Lova, Antonio & Tormos, Pilar & Cervantes, Mariamar & Barber, Federico, 2009. "An efficient hybrid genetic algorithm for scheduling projects with resource constraints and multiple execution modes," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 302-316, February.
- Buddhakulsomsiri, Jirachai & Kim, David S., 2007. "Priority rule-based heuristic for multi-mode resource-constrained project scheduling problems with resource vacations and activity splitting," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 178(2), pages 374-390, April.
- Bouleimen, K. & Lecocq, H., 2003. "A new efficient simulated annealing algorithm for the resource-constrained project scheduling problem and its multiple mode version," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 149(2), pages 268-281, September.
- Ozdamar, Linet & Ulusoy, Gunduz, 1994. "A local constraint based analysis approach to project scheduling under general resource constraints," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 287-298, December.
- Dale F. Cooper, 1976. "Heuristics for Scheduling Resource-Constrained Projects: An Experimental Investigation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(11), pages 1186-1194, July.
- Pinol, H. & Beasley, J.E., 2006. "Scatter Search and Bionomic Algorithms for the aircraft landing problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 171(2), pages 439-462, June.
- Rainer Kolisch & Arno Sprecher & Andreas Drexl, 1995. "Characterization and Generation of a General Class of Resource-Constrained Project Scheduling Problems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(10), pages 1693-1703, October.
- Boctor, Fayez F., 1996. "A new and efficient heuristic for scheduling projects with resource restrictions and multiple execution modes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 349-361, April.
- Brucker, Peter & Drexl, Andreas & Mohring, Rolf & Neumann, Klaus & Pesch, Erwin, 1999. "Resource-constrained project scheduling: Notation, classification, models, and methods," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 3-41, January.
- Arno Sprecher, 2000. "Scheduling Resource-Constrained Projects Competitively at Modest Memory Requirements," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(5), pages 710-723, May.
- Vanhoucke, Mario & Coelho, Jose & Debels, Dieter & Maenhout, Broos & Tavares, Luis V., 2008. "An evaluation of the adequacy of project network generators with systematically sampled networks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(2), pages 511-524, June.
- Kolisch, Rainer & Sprecher, Arno, 1996. "PSPLIB - a project scheduling problem library," Manuskripte aus den Instituten für Betriebswirtschaftslehre der Universität Kiel 396, Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel, Institut für Betriebswirtschaftslehre.
- Mori, Masao & Tseng, Ching Chih, 1997. "A genetic algorithm for multi-mode resource constrained project scheduling problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 134-141, July.
- Kolisch, Rainer & Hartmann, Sonke, 2006. "Experimental investigation of heuristics for resource-constrained project scheduling: An update," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(1), pages 23-37, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:topjnl:v:25:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11750-016-0415-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Van Peteghem, Vincent & Vanhoucke, Mario, 2014. "An experimental investigation of metaheuristics for the multi-mode resource-constrained project scheduling problem on new dataset instances," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 235(1), pages 62-72.
More about this item
Keywordsproject scheduling; scatter search; multi-mode RCPSP; resource scarceness matrix;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2009-07-28 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2009-07-28 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rug:rugwps:09/595. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nathalie Verhaeghe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ferugbe.html .