Does sacking the coach help or hinder the team in the short term? Evidence from Belgian soccer
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Audas, Rick & Dobson, Stephen & Goddard, John, 2002. "The impact of managerial change on team performance in professional sports," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(6), pages 633-650.
- R. H. Koning, 2003. "An econometric evaluation of the effect of firing a coach on team performance," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(5), pages 555-564.
- Rick Audas & Stephen Dobson & John Goddard, 1999. "Organizational performance and managerial turnover," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(6), pages 305-318.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- The bosses' pay con-trick
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2011-10-28 14:21:13
- Can sacking a coach ever be a good/bad thing?
by jamesreade in International Journal of Sport Finance Blog on 2010-09-07 13:08:24
- Reshuffles: the Brendan Rodgers problem
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2012-09-04 19:06:25
- Obliquity, & the Labour leadership
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2016-07-21 18:09:30
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- van Ours, Jan C & Van Tuijl, Martin, 2014. "In-season head-coach dismissals and the performance of professional football teams," CEPR Discussion Papers 10191, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jan C. van Ours & Martin A. van Tuijl, 2016.
"In-Season Head-Coach Dismissals And The Performance Of Professional Football Teams,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(1), pages 591-604, January.
- van Ours, J.C. & van Tuijl, M.A., 2014. "In-Season Head-Coach Dismissals and the Performance of Professional Football Teams," Discussion Paper 2014-058, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Costanza Torricelli & Maria Cesira Urzì Brancati & Luca Mirtoleni, 2014. "The impact of skill and management structure on Serie A Clubs’ performance," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 14107, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Costanza Torricelli & Maria Cesira Urzì Brancati & Luca Mirtoleni, 2014. "The impact of skill and management structure on Serie A Clubs’ performance," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 0046, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rug:rugwps:07/430. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nathalie Verhaeghe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ferugbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.