A New Technique based on Simulations for Improving the Inflation Rate Forecasts in Romania
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kajal Lahiri & Gultekin Isiklar & Prakash Loungani, 2006.
"How quickly do forecasters incorporate news? Evidence from cross-country surveys,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(6), pages 703-725.
- Isiklar, Gultekin & Lahiri, Kajal & Loungani, Prakash, 2006. "How quickly do forecasters incorporate news? Evidence from cross-country surveys," MPRA Paper 22065, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gospodinov, Nikolay, 2002.
"Median unbiased forecasts for highly persistent autoregressive processes,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 85-101, November.
- Nikolay Gospodinov, 1999. "Median Unbiased Forecasts for Highly Persistent Autoregressive Processes," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 533, Society for Computational Economics.
- Clements, Michael P., 2003. "Some possible directions for future research," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 1-3.
- Hyndman, Rob J. & Koehler, Anne B., 2006.
"Another look at measures of forecast accuracy,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 679-688.
- Rob J. Hyndman & Anne B. Koehler, 2005. "Another Look at Measures of Forecast Accuracy," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 13/05, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Mihaela BRATU (SIMIONESCU), 2012. "A Strategy To Improve The Gdp Index Forcasts In Romania Using Moving Average Models Of Historical Errors Of The Dobrescu Macromodel," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 35(2(44)), pages 128-138, December.
- Mihaela Bratu (Simionescu), 2013. "Filters or Holt Winters Technique to Improve the Forecasts for USA Inflation Rate?," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 9(1), pages 126-136, February.
More about this item
Keywordsaccuracy; forecasts; Monte Carlo method; bootstrap technique; biased-corrected-accelerated bootstrap intervals;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rjr:wpiecf:150206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ipacaro.html .