FDI in Hungary - the first mover's advantage and disadvantage
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pye, Robert, 1998. "Foreign direct investment in Central Europe:: Experiences of major Western investors," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 378-389, August.
- Jozef Konings, 2000. "The Effects of Foreign Direct Investment on Domestic Firms: Evidence from Firm Level Panel Data in Emerging Economies," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 344, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Urmas Varblane & Tomasz Mickiewicz & Slavo Radosevic, 2000.
"The Value Of Diversity: Foreign Direct Investmentand Employment In Central Europe During Economic Recovery,"
University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series
2, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Tomasz Mickiewicz & Slavo Radosevic & Urmas Varblane, 2000. "The Value of Diversity: Foreign Direct Investment and Employment in Central Europe During Economic Recovery," One Europe or Several? Working Papers 5, One-Europe Programme.
- Laura Resmini, 2000.
"The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in the CEECs: New evidence from sectoral patterns,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, pages 665-689.
- Laura Resmini, 1999. "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment into the CEECs: New Evidence from Sectoral Patterns," LICOS Discussion Papers 8399, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Joze P. Damijan & Mark Knell & Boris Majcen & Matija Rojec, 2003. "Technology Transfer through FDI in Top-10 Transition Countries: How Important are Direct Effects, Horizontal and Vertical Spillovers?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 549, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Karoly Fazekas, 2003. "Effects of foreign direct investment on the performance of local labour markets - The case of Hungary," Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market 0303, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Kertesi, Gábor & Köllő, János, 1997.
"Reálbérek és kereseti egyenlőtlenségek, 1986-1996. A bérszerkezet átalakulása Magyarországon, I. rész
[Real wages and earning inequalities, 1986-1996. Part I. The transformation of wage structure i," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(7), pages 612-634.
- Gábor Pula, 2003. "Capital Stock Estimation in Hungary: A Brief Description of Methodolgy and Results," MNB Working Papers 2003/7, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary).
- Philip Stevens, 2002. "The Role of Efficiency as an Explanation of International Income Differences," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 205, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David L. Ellison, 2005. "Competitiveness strategies, resource struggles and national interest in the new Europe," IWE Working Papers 159, Institute for World Economics - Centre for Economic and Regional Studies- Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Leonhard Plank & Cornelia Staritz, 2013. "‘Precarious upgrading’ in electronics global production networks in Central and Eastern Europe: the cases of Hungary and Romania," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2013-31, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- David L. Ellison, 2007. "Subnational regionalism in a supranational context: the case of Hungary," IWE Working Papers 177, Institute for World Economics - Centre for Economic and Regional Studies- Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- David L. Ellison, 2005. "Divide and conquer: the EU enlargement's successful conclusion?," IWE Working Papers 161, Institute for World Economics - Centre for Economic and Regional Studies- Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Zoltán J. Ács & Colm O'Gorman & László Szerb & Siri Terjesen, 2015.
"Could the Irish Miracle be Repeated in Hungary?,"
Chapters,in: Global Entrepreneurship, Institutions and Incentives, chapter 30, pages 584-603
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Zoltan Acs & Colm O'Gorman & Laszlo Szerb & Siri Terjesen, 2006. "Could The Irish Miracle Be Repeated in Hungary?," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-33, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Plank, Leonhard & Staritz, Cornelia, 2013. ""Precarious upgrading" in electronics global production networks in Central and Eastern Europe: The cases of Hungary and Romania," Working Papers 41, Österreichische Forschungsstiftung für Internationale Entwicklung (ÖFSE) / Austrian Foundation for Development Research.
- Miklos Szanyi & Magdolna Sass & Peter Csizmadia & Miklos Illessy & Ichiro Iwasaki & Csaba Mako, 2009. "Clusters and the development of supplier networks for transnational companies," IWE Working Papers 187, Institute for World Economics - Centre for Economic and Regional Studies- Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
More about this item
KeywordsHungary; foreign direct investment;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- O24 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:eibpap:2004_008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Polyxeni Kanelliadou). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceeiblu.html .