Biases of Correlograms and of AR Representations of Stationary Series
We derive the relation between the biases of correlograms and of estimates of auto-regressive AR(k) representations of stationary series, and we illustrate it with a simple AR example. The new relation allows for k to vary with the sample size, which is a representation that can be used for most stationary processes. As a result, the biases of the estimators of such processes can now be quantified explicitly and in a unified way.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.rcfea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521537469 is not listed on IDEAS
- L Giraitis & J Hidalgo & Peter M. Robinson, 2001. "Gaussian estimation of parametric spectral density with unknown pole," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 297, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Abadir, Karim M., 1993. "Ols Bias in a Nonstationary Autoregression," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 81-93, January.
- Karim M. Abadir & Jan R. Magnus, 2002.
"Notation in econometrics: a proposal for a standard,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(1), pages 76-90, June.
- Abadir, K.M. & Magnus, J.R., 2001. "Notation in Econometrics : A Proposal for a Standard," Discussion Paper 2001-8, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kiviet, Jan F. & Phillips, Garry D. A., 1994. "Bias assessment and reduction in linear error-correction models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 215-243, July.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521822893 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liudas Giraitis & Javier Hidalgo & Peter M Robinson, 2001. "Gaussian Estimation of Parametric Spectral Density with Unknown Pole," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2001/424, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rim:rimwps:24_12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marco Savioli)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.