Biases of Correlograms and of AR Representations of Stationary Series
We derive the relation between the biases of correlograms and of estimates of auto-regressive AR(k) representations of stationary series, and we illustrate it with a simple AR example. The new relation allows for k to vary with the sample size, which is a representation that can be used for most stationary processes. As a result, the biases of the estimators of such processes can now be quantified explicitly and in a unified way.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.rcfea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Abadir, K.M. & Magnus, J.R., 2001.
"Notation in Econometrics : A Proposal for a Standard,"
2001-8, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Karim M. Abadir & Jan R. Magnus, 2002. "Notation in econometrics: a proposal for a standard," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(1), pages 76-90, June.
- repec:cep:stiecm:/2001/424 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abadir, Karim M., 1993. "Ols Bias in a Nonstationary Autoregression," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 81-93, January.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521537469 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521822893 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kiviet, Jan F. & Phillips, Garry D. A., 1994. "Bias assessment and reduction in linear error-correction models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 215-243, July.
- L Giraitis & J Hidalgo & Peter M. Robinson, 2001. "Gaussian estimation of parametric spectral density with unknown pole," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 297, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rim:rimwps:24_12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dimitrios Vortelinos)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.