A Neo-Austrian Perspective on the Value of Growth Prospects
The valuation framework inherent t the neo-Austrian theory of capital set forth by Hickâ€™s (1973) is discussed in terms of a fundamental formula which disentangles the profitability associated with the scale of operation from the internal rate of return of the production process. The formula is employed to tailor a perspective on the value of investment prospects, meant to complement the insights embodied by Tobinâ€™s q metric. Balance sheet recessions are briefly discussed as a cogent line of application of four formula. Potential lines of progress are envisioned.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Man-Seop Park, 2015. "The Impossibility of Capitalist Instantaneous Production," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(1), pages 28-50, February.
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 5474.
- Thomas R. Stauffer, 1971. "The Measurement of Corporate Rates of Return: A Generalized Formulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 2(2), pages 434-469, Autumn.
- R. Violi, 1985. "Sentiero di traversa e convergenza," Working Papers 14, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Buser, Stephen A, 1986. " LaPlace Transforms as Present Value Rules: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(1), pages 243-247, March.
- Dorfman, Robert, 1969. "An Economic Interpretation of Optimal Control Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(5), pages 817-831, December.
- Darrell E. Lee & James G. Tompkins, 1999. "A Modified Version of the Lewellen and Badrinath Measure of Tobin's Q," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 28(1), Spring.
- Franco Nardini, 1994. "Delayed Response To Shocks In The Neo-Austrian Model: Characteristics Of The Traverse Path," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 17-46, February.
- Lindenberg, Eric B & Ross, Stephen A, 1981. "Tobin's q Ratio and Industrial Organization," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Gauti B. Eggertsson & Paul Krugman, 2012. "Debt, Deleveraging, and the Liquidity Trap: A Fisher-Minsky-Koo Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 127(3), pages 1469-1513.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rim:rimwps:15-41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marco Savioli)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.