A Neo-Austrian Perspective on the Value of Growth Prospects
The valuation framework inherent t the neo-Austrian theory of capital set forth by Hickâ€™s (1973) is discussed in terms of a fundamental formula which disentangles the profitability associated with the scale of operation from the internal rate of return of the production process. The formula is employed to tailor a perspective on the value of investment prospects, meant to complement the insights embodied by Tobinâ€™s q metric. Balance sheet recessions are briefly discussed as a cogent line of application of four formula. Potential lines of progress are envisioned.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2015|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Patara, 3, 47921 Rimini (RN)|
Web page: http://rcea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Man-Seop Park, 2015. "The Impossibility of Capitalist Instantaneous Production," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(1), pages 28-50, 02.
- Buser, Stephen A, 1986. " LaPlace Transforms as Present Value Rules: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(1), pages 243-247, March.
- Lindenberg, Eric B & Ross, Stephen A, 1981. "Tobin's q Ratio and Industrial Organization," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Gauti B. Eggertsson & Paul Krugman, 2012. "Debt, Deleveraging, and the Liquidity Trap: A Fisher-Minsky-Koo Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 127(3), pages 1469-1513.
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 5474, March.
- Thomas R. Stauffer, 1971. "The Measurement of Corporate Rates of Return: A Generalized Formulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 2(2), pages 434-469, Autumn.
- R. Violi, 1985. "Sentiero di traversa e convergenza," Working Papers 14, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Dorfman, Robert, 1969. "An Economic Interpretation of Optimal Control Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(5), pages 817-831, December.
- Darrell E. Lee & James G. Tompkins, 1999. "A Modified Version of the Lewellen and Badrinath Measure of Tobin's Q," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 28(1), Spring.
- Franco Nardini, 1994. "Delayed Response To Shocks In The Neo-Austrian Model: Characteristics Of The Traverse Path," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 17-46, 02.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rim:rimwps:15-41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marco Savioli)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.