"Second-Best" Adjustments to Externality Estimates in Electricity Planning with Competition
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dallas Burtraw & Karen Palmer & Alan J. Krupnick, 1997. ""Second-Best" Adjustments to Externality Estimates in Electricity Planning with Competition," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(2), pages 224-239.
References listed on IDEAS
- Karen Palmer & Alan Krupnick & Hadi Dowlatabadi & Stuart Siegel, 1995. "Social Costing of Electricity in Maryland: Effects on Pollution, Investment, and Prices," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-26.
- Daniel E. Dodds & Jonathan A. Lesser, 1994. "Can Utility Commissions Improve on Environmental Regulations?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(1), pages 63-76.
- John Tschirhart, 1994. "On the Use of 'Adders' by Public Utility Commissions," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 121-128.
- Bernow, Stephen & Biewald, Bruce & Marron, Donald, 1991. "Full-cost dispatch: Incorporating environmental externalities in electric system operation," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 20-33, March.
- Oates, Wallace E. & Strassmann, Diana L., 1984. "Effluent fees and market structure," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 29-46, June.
- Buchanan, James M, 1969. "External Diseconomies, Corrective Taxes, and Market Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 174-177, March.
- Jorgenson, Dale W. & Wilcoxen, Peter J., 1990. "Intertemporal general equilibrium modeling of U.S. environmental regulation," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 715-744.
- Jorgenson, Dale W & Slesnick, Daniel T & Stoker, Thomas M, 1988. "Two-Stage Budgeting and Exact Aggregation," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 6(3), pages 313-325, July.
- Burtraw Dallas & Harrington Winston & Krupnick Alan J. & Freeman III A. Myrick, 1995. "Optimal Adders for Environmental Damage by Public Utilities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 1-19, November.
- Joskow, Paul L., 1992. "Weighing environmental externalities: Let's do it right!," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 53-67, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Randall Lutter & Jason F. Shogren, 2002. "Tradable Permit Tariffs: How Local Air Pollution Affects Carbon Emissions Permit Trading," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(2), pages 159-170.
- Spencer Banzhaf, H. & Burtraw, Dallas & Palmer, Karen, 2004.
"Efficient emission fees in the US electricity sector,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 317-341, September.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Palmer, Karen & Banzhaf, H. Spencer, 2002. "Efficient Emission Fees in the U.S. Electricity Sector," Discussion Papers dp-02-45, Resources For the Future.
- Banzhaf, H. Spencer & Burtraw, Dallas & Palmer, Karen L., 2002. "Efficient Emission Fees in the U.S. Electricity Sector," Discussion Papers 10505, Resources for the Future.
- Donald N. Dewees, 2008. "Pollution and the Price of Power," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 81-100.
- Vennemo, Haakon & Halseth, Arve, 2001. "Environmental regulation of a power investment in an international market," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 157-173, April.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Krupnick, Alan J., 1996. "The second-best use of social cost estimates," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 467-489, December.
- Meredith Fowlie, 2008. "Incomplete Environmental Regulation, Imperfect Competition, and Emissions Leakage," NBER Working Papers 14421, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2006-01-24 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-96-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.