Abalone Conservation in the Presence of Drug Use and Corruption: Implications for Its Management in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Edwin Muchapondwa & Kerri Brick & Martine Visser, 2014. "Abalone conservation in the presence of drug use and corruption: implications for its management in South Africa," International Journal of Sustainable Economy, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(2), pages 201-216.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1974. "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach," NBER Chapters,in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brant Abbott, 2008. "The Economics of Endangered Species Poaching," Working Papers 2008-08, University of Victoria, Department of Economics, Resource Economics and Policy Analysis Research Group.
- Ehrlich, Isaac, 1973. "Participation in Illegitimate Activities: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 521-565, May-June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Samson Mukanjari, Edwin Muchapondwa, Precious Zikhali and Birgit Bednar-Friedl, 2012.
"Evaluating the Prospects of Benefit Sharing Schemes in Protecting Mountain Gorillas in Central Africa,"
321, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Mukanjari, Samson & Muchapondwa, Edwin & Zikhali, Precious & Bednar-Friedl, Birgit, 2012. "Evaluating the Prospects of Benefit Sharing Schemes in Protecting Mountain Gorillas in Central Africa," Discussion Papers dp-12-16-efd, Resources For the Future.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:254-276 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsabalone; bribery; coastal communities; corruption; poaching; recreational drugs;
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-12-15-efd. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .