Stochastic Approach to Index Numbers for Multilateral Price Comparisons and their Standard Errors
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gholamreza Hajargasht & D. S. Prasada Rao, 2010. "Stochastic Approach To Index Numbers For Multilateral Price Comparisons And Their Standard Errors," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(s1), pages 32-58, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Selvanathan, E A, 1989.
"A Note on the Stochastic Approach to Index Numbers,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(4), pages 471-474, October.
- E.A. Selvanathan, 1989. "A Note on the Stochastic Approach to Index Numbers," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 89-07, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- D. S. Prasada Rao, 2005. "On The Equivalence Of Weighted Country‐Product‐Dummy (Cpd) Method And The Rao‐System For Multilateral Price Comparisons," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(4), pages 571-580, December.
- Erwin Diewert, 2005. "Weighted Country Product Dummy Variable Regressions And Index Number Formulae," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(4), pages 561-570, December.
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2005. "Microeconometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521848053, December.
- Robert J. Hill, 1997. "A Taxonomy Of Multilateral Methods For Making International Comparisons Of Prices And Quantities," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 43(1), pages 49-69, March.
- D.S. Prasada Rao, 2004. "The Country-Product-Dummy Method: A Stochastic Approach to the Computation of Purchasing Power Parities in the ICP," CEPA Working Papers Series WP032004, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "Multilateral Comparisons of Output, Input, and Productivity Using Superlative Index Numbers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(365), pages 73-86, March.
- Selvanathan, E. A. & Prasada Rao, D. S., 1992. "An econometric approach to the construction of generalized Theil-Tornqvist indices for multilateral comparisons," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 335-346.
- Clements, Kenneth W & Izan, H Y, 1981. "A Note on Estimating Divisia Index Numbers," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 22(3), pages 745-747, October.
- Rao, D S Prasada & Selvanathan, E A, 1992. "Computation of Standard Errors for Geary-Khamis Parities and International Prices: A Stochastic Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(1), pages 109-115, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hajargasht, Gholamreza & Rao, D.S. Prasada, 2019.
"Multilateral index number systems for international price comparisons: Properties, existence and uniqueness,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 36-47.
- Gholamreza Hajargasht & Prasada Rao, 2018. "Multilateral Index Number Systems for International Price Comparisons: Properties, Existence and Uniqueness," Papers 1811.04197, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2018.
- Gholamreza Hajargasht & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2019. "Multilateral Index Number Systems for International Price Comparisons: Properties, Existence and Uniqueness," CEPA Working Papers Series WP032019, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Adam Gorajek, 2018. "Econometric Perspectives on Economic Measurement," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2018-08, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Weinand, Sebastian, 2020. "Measuring spatial price differentials: A comparison of stochastic index number methods," Discussion Papers 12/2020, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Robert J. Hill & Alice O. Nakamura, 2010. "Improving Inflation And Related Performance Measures For Nations: An Introduction," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(s1), pages 1-10, June.
- Rao, D.S. Prasada & Hajargasht, Gholamreza, 2016. "Stochastic approach to computation of purchasing power parities in the International Comparison Program (ICP)," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 191(2), pages 414-425.
- Laureti, Tiziana & Prasada Rao, D.S., 2018. "Measuring Spatial Price Level Differences within a Country: Current status and Future Developments /Medición de las diferencias de nivel de precios espaciales dentro de un país: Estado actual y evoluc," Estudios de Economia Aplicada, Estudios de Economia Aplicada, vol. 36, pages 119-148, Enero.
- Ludwig Auer, 2012. "Räumliche Preisvergleiche: Aggregationskonzepte und Forschungsperspektiven," AStA Wirtschafts- und Sozialstatistisches Archiv, Springer;Deutsche Statistische Gesellschaft - German Statistical Society, vol. 6(1), pages 27-56, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uqcepa:34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SOE IT). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.