The Country-Product-Dummy Method: A Stochastic Approach to the Computation of Purchasing Power Parities in the ICP
A paper for presentation at the SSHRC Conference on Index Numbers and Productivity Measurement to be held during 30 June ï¿½ 3 July, 2004 in Vancouver. The author wishes to thank Bettina Aten, Erwin Diewert, Alan Heston, Chris Oï¿½Donnell and Marcel Timmer for helpful discussions on the subject matter of this paper.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: St. Lucia, Qld. 4072|
Phone: +61 7 3365 6570
Fax: +61 7 3365 7299
Web page: http://www.uq.edu.au/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- D. S. Prasada Rao, 2005. "On The Equivalence Of Weighted Country-Product-Dummy (Cpd) Method And The Rao-System For Multilateral Price Comparisons," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(4), pages 571-580, December.
- repec:pri:rpdevs:deaton_pppp_version_aug_06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Erwin Diewert, 2005. "Weighted Country Product Dummy Variable Regressions And Index Number Formulae," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(4), pages 561-570, December.
- Hill, R., 1995. "Chained PPPs and Minimum Spanning Trees," Papers 95/40, New South Wales - School of Economics.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "Multilateral Comparisons of Output, Input, and Productivity Using Superlative Index Numbers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(365), pages 73-86, March.
- Selvanathan, E. A. & Prasada Rao, D. S., 1992. "An econometric approach to the construction of generalized Theil-Tornqvist indices for multilateral comparisons," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 335-346.
- Clements, Kenneth W & Izan, H Y, 1981. "A Note on Estimating Divisia Index Numbers," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 22(3), pages 745-747, October.