Implications Of Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions By TNCs in Developing Countries: A Beginner's Guide
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Görg, Holger, 1998. "Analysing Foreign Market Entry: The Choice between Greenfield Investment and Acquisitions," Economics Technical Papers 981, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Gonzalez, Pedro & Vasconcellos, Geraldo M. & Kish, Richard J., 1998. "Cross-border mergers and acquisitions: The undervaluation hypothesis," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 25-45.
- Bruce Kogut & Harbir Singh, 1988. "The Effect of National Culture on the Choice of Entry Mode," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(3), pages 411-432, September.
- Henrik Bresman & Julian Birkinshaw & Robert Nobel, 1999. "Knowledge Transfer in International Acquisitions," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(3), pages 439-462, September.
- Jean-François Hennart & Young-Ryeol Park, 1993. "Greenfield vs. Acquisition: The Strategy of Japanese Investors in the United States," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(9), pages 1054-1070, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- P.L. Beena, 2004. "Towards understanding the merger-wave in the Indian corporate sector: A comparative perspective," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 355, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Quan-Hoang Vuong & Tran Tri Dung & Thi Chau Ha NguyenN, 2009. "Mergers and Acquisitions in Vietnam’s Emerging Market Economy, 1990-2009," Working Papers CEB 09-045.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hendrik Klier & Christian Schwens & Florian B. Zapkau & Desislava Dikova, 2017. "Which Resources Matter How and Where? A Meta-Analysis on Firms’ Foreign Establishment Mode Choice," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(3), pages 304-339, May.
- Wang, Daojuan & Hain, Daniel S. & Larimo, Jorma & Dao, Li T., 2020. "Cultural differences and synergy realization in cross-border acquisitions," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(3).
- Yulin Fang & Guo‐Liang Frank Jiang & Shige Makino & Paul W. Beamish, 2010. "Multinational Firm Knowledge, Use of Expatriates, and Foreign Subsidiary Performance," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 27-54, January.
- Kotler, Philip & Manrai, Lalita A. & Lascu, Dana-Nicoleta & Manrai, Ajay K., 2019. "Influence of country and company characteristics on international business decisions: A review, conceptual model, and propositions," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 482-498.
- Stienstra, Miranda, 2020. "The determinants and performance implications of alliance partner acquisition," Other publications TiSEM 7fdee0c2-d4d2-4f5b-95e3-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Larimo, Jorma & Arslan, Ahmad, 2013. "Determinants of foreign direct investment ownership mode choice: Evidence from Nordic investments in Central and Eastern Europe," Journal of East European Management Studies, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 18(2), pages 232-263.
- Belderbos, René & Du, Helen S. & Slangen, Arjen, 2020.
"When do firms choose global cities as foreign investment locations within countries? The roles of contextual distance, knowledge intensity, and target-country experience,"
Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 55(1).
- Rene Belderbos & H Du & Arjen Slangen, 2019. "When do firms choose global cities as foreign investment locations within countries? The roles of contextual distance, knowledge intensity, and target-country experience," Working Papers of Department of Management, Strategy and Innovation, Leuven 640988, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Management, Strategy and Innovation, Leuven.
- Zhang, Tingting (Grace) & You, Yu, 2021. "Scale or efficiency? Performance shortfall and engagement in production activities of foreign subsidiaries in China," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(1).
- Golesorkhi, Sougand & Mersland, Roy & Randøy, Trond & Shenkar, Oded, 2019. "The Performance Impact of Informal and Formal Institutional Differences in Cross-Border Alliances," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 104-118.
- Zdolsek, Daniel & Kolar, Iztok, 2013. "Management disclosure practices for disaggregated (financial) information in Slovenian unlisted companies," Journal of East European Management Studies, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 18(2), pages 232-263.
- Jinhee Kwon & Cheong Kim & Kun Chang Lee, 2020. "Moderating Effect of the Continental Factor on the Business Strategy and M&A Performance in the Pharmaceutical Industry for Sustainable International Business," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(12), pages 1-14, June.
- Xie, En & Reddy, K.S. & Liang, Jie, 2017. "Country-specific determinants of cross-border mergers and acquisitions: A comprehensive review and future research directions," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 127-183.
- Slangen, Arjen & Hennart, Jean-François, 2007.
"Greenfield or acquisition entry: A review of the empirical foreign establishment mode literature,"
Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 403-429, December.
- Slangen, A.H.L. & Hennart, J-F., 2007. "Greenfield or Acquisition Entry: A Review of the Empirical Foreign Establishment Mode Literature," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2007-059-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Kappen, Philip, 2011. "Competence-creating overlaps and subsidiary technological evolution in the multinational corporation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 673-686, June.
- Kemp-Benedict, Eric, 2012. "The national bioenergy investment model: Technical documentation," MPRA Paper 37835, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhou, Abby Jingzi & Fey, Carl & Yildiz, H. Emre, 2020. "Fostering integration through HRM practices: An empirical examination of absorptive capacity and knowledge transfer in cross-border M&As," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 55(2).
- Cristina López-Duarte & Esteban García-Canal, 2002. "The Effect of Firm and Host Country Characteristics on the Choice of Entry Mode: Empirical Evidence from Spanish Firms," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 6(2), pages 153-168, May.
- Peter Nisbet & Wayne Thomas & Stuart Barrett, 2003. "UK direct investment in the United States: a mode of entry analysis," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 245-259.
- Tatoglu, Ekrem & W. Glaister, Keith, 1998. "An analysis of motives for western FDI in Turkey," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 203-230, April.
- Todeva, Emanuela & Fu, Yan, 2010. "Multinational investment projects in the petrochemical industry in China," MPRA Paper 67615, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2003-03-03 (Africa)
- NEP-COM-2003-03-03 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IFN-2003-03-03 (International Finance)
- NEP-IND-2003-03-09 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qeh:qehwps:qehwps88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/qehoxuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: IT Support (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/qehoxuk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.