Household Debt and Delinquency over the Life Cycle
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sommarat Chantarat & Atchana Lamsam & Krislert Samphantharak & Bhumjai Tangsawasdirat, 2020. "Household Debt and Delinquency over the Life Cycle," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 37(1), pages 61-92, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- di Mauro, Filippo & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I.P. & Hassan, Fadi, 2017. "Banks credit and productivity growth," Working Paper Series 2008, European Central Bank.
- Liu, Jingyang & Kool, Clemens J.M., 2018. "Money and credit overhang in the euro area," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 622-633.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & Guglielmo Weber, 2010.
"Consumption and Saving: Models of Intertemporal Allocation and Their Implications for Public Policy,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 48(3), pages 693-751, September.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & Guglielmo Weber, 2010. "Consumption and Saving: Models of Intertemporal Allocation and Their Implications for Public Policy," NBER Working Papers 15756, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Al-Azzam, Moh'd & Mimouni, Karim, 2017. "Currency risk and microcredit interest rates," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 80-95.
- Roth T.M.S Vathana & Abdelkrim Araar & Bopharath Sry & PHANN Dalis, 2017. "The dynamics of microcredit borrowings in Cambodia," Working Papers PMMA 2017-17, PEP-PMMA.
- Annamaria Lusardi & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2013. "Older Adult Debt and Financial Frailty," Working Papers wp291, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Leonardo Bursztyn & Bruno Ferman & Stefano Fiorin & Martin Kanz & Gautam Rao, 2018.
"Status Goods: Experimental Evidence from Platinum Credit Cards,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 133(3), pages 1561-1595.
- Gautam Rao & Leonardo Bursztyn & Stefano Fiorin & Bruno Ferman & Martin Kanz, 2016. "Status Goods: Experimental Evidence from Platinum Credit Cards," Working Paper 396916, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Leonardo Bursztyn & Bruno Ferman & Stefano Fiorin & Martin Kanz & Gautam Rao, 2017. "Status Goods: Experimental Evidence from Platinum Credit Cards," NBER Working Papers 23414, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bursztyn,Leonardo A. & Ferman,Bruno & Fiorin,Stefano & Kanz,Martin & Rao,Gautam & Bursztyn,Leonardo A. & Ferman,Bruno & Fiorin,Stefano & Kanz,Martin & Rao,Gautam, 2017. "Status goods : experimental evidence from platinum credit cards," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8064, The World Bank.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2017. "Financial systems and the real economy," BIS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 91.
- Karen E. Dynan, 2009. "Changing Household Financial Opportunities and Economic Security," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(4), pages 49-68, Fall.
- Jesse Bricker & Jacob Krimmel & Rodney Ramcharan, 2014. "Signaling Status: The Impact of Relative Income on Household Consumption and Financial Decisions," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-76, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Sommarat Chantarat & Atchana Lamsam & Krislert Samphantharak & Bhumjai Tangsawasdirat, 2017. "Thailand's Household Debt through the Lens of Credit Bureau Data: Debt and Delinquency," PIER Discussion Papers 61, Puey Ungphakorn Institute for Economic Research, revised Jul 2017.
- Scott L. Fulford & Scott Schuh, 2015. "Consumer revolving credit and debt over the life cycle and business cycle," Working Papers 15-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kanis Saengchote & Krislert Samphantharak, 2020. "Delinquency Priority in Consumer Credit: Evidence from Thai Microdata," PIER Discussion Papers 135, Puey Ungphakorn Institute for Economic Research, revised May 2020.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jing Jian Xiao & Rui Yao, 2011. "Consumer Debt Delinquency over Life Cycle Stages," NFI Working Papers 2011-WP-18, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Lawrence M. Berger & J. Michael Collins & Laura Cuesta, 2016. "Household Debt and Adult Depressive Symptoms in the United States," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 42-57, March.
- van de Ven, Justin, 2011.
"A structural dynamic microsimulation model of household savings and labour supply,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 2054-2070, July.
- Dr Justin van de Ven, 2011. "A Structural Dynamic Microsimulation Model of Household Savings and Labour Supply," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 385, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Bose, Neha & Sgroi, Daniel, 2019. "Theory of Mind and Strategic Decision-Making," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1191, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Klos, Alexander & Rottke, Simon, 2013.
"Saving and Consumption When Children Move Out,"
VfS Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order
79786, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Simon Rottke & Alexander Klos, 2013. "Savings and Consumption When Children Move Out," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 621, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Efraim Benmelech & Ralf R. Meisenzahl & Rodney Ramcharan, 2017.
"The Real Effects of Liquidity During the Financial Crisis: Evidence from Automobiles,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 132(1), pages 317-365.
- Efraim Benmelech & Ralf R. Meisenzahl & Rodney Ramcharan, 2016. "The Real Effects of Liquidity During the Financial Crisis: Evidence from Automobiles," NBER Working Papers 22148, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard K. Crump & Stefano Eusepi & Andrea Tambalotti & Giorgio Topa, 2015. "Subjective Intertemporal Substitution," Staff Reports 734, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Kim, H. Youn, 2017. "The permanent income hypothesis, transitional dynamics, and excess sensitivity of consumption," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 10-25.
- Steffen Andersen & Philippe d'Astous & Jimmy Martínez-Correa & Stephen H. Shore, 2018. "Responses to Savings Commitments: Evidence from Mortgage Run-offs," Cahiers de recherche / Working Papers 1, Institut sur la retraite et l'épargne / Retirement and Savings Institute.
- Begley, Jaclene & Chan, Sewin, 2018. "The effect of housing wealth shocks on work and retirement decisions," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 180-195.
- Carlos Madeira, 2019. "Adverse selection, loan access and default in the Chilean consumer debt market," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 838, Central Bank of Chile.
- Song, Quanyun & Li, Jie & Wu, Yu & Yin, Zhichao, 2020. "Accessibility of financial services and household consumption in China: Evidence from micro data," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(C).
- Engelbert Stockhammer & Rafael Wildauer, 2016.
"Debt-driven growth? Wealth, distribution and demand in OECD countries,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(6), pages 1609-1634.
- Engelbert Stockhammer & Rafael Wildauer, 2015. "Debt-driven growth? Wealth, distribution and demand in OECD countries," Working Papers PKWP1503, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
- Stockhammer, Engelbert & Wildauer, Rafael, 2015. "Debt-driven growth? Wealth, distribution and demand in OECD countries," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 18278, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Stockhammer, Engelbert & Wildauer, Rafael, 2015. "Debt-driven growth? Wealth, distribution and demand in OECD countries," Economics Discussion Papers 2015-2, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- Evren Ceritoglu, 2017.
"The effect of house price changes on cohort consumption in Turkey,"
Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 17(3), pages 1-99â€“110.
- Evren Ceritoglu, 2017. "The Effect of House Price Changes on Cohort Consumption in Turkey," Working Papers 1710, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- ALBULESCU, Claudiu Tiberiu & Pepin, Dominique, 2018.
"Monetary Integration, Money-Demand Stability, and the Role of Monetary Overhang in Forecasting Inflation in CEE Countries,"
Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 33(4), pages 841-879.
- Claudiu Tiberiu Albulescu & Dominique Pépin, 2018. "Monetary Integration, Money-Demand Stability, and the Role of Monetary Overhang in Forecasting Inflation in CEE Countries," Post-Print hal-01720319, HAL.
- Prast, Henriette & Sanders, José & Boggio, C., 2017. "Seven ways to knit your portfolio: Is the language of investor communication gender neutral?," Other publications TiSEM b477bb2d-f71c-4b9b-ab9e-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Ricardo Bebczuk & Leonardo Gasparini & Noelia Garbero & Julian Amendolaggine, 2015. "Understanding the Determinants of Household Saving: Micro Evidence for Latin America," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0189, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Yushchenko, Alisa & Patel, Martin Kumar, 2017. "Cost-effectiveness of energy efficiency programs: How to better understand and improve from multiple stakeholder perspectives?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 538-550.
- Deetjen, Thomas A. & Vitter, J. Scott & Reimers, Andrew S. & Webber, Michael E., 2018. "Optimal dispatch and equipment sizing of a residential central utility plant for improving rooftop solar integration," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 1044-1059.
- Carlos Madeira, 2015. "Identification of Earning Dynamics using Rotating Samples over Short Periods: The Case of Chile," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 754, Central Bank of Chile.
More about this item
KeywordsHousehold Debt; Delinquency; Life Cycle; Financial Access; Financial Stability; Demography; Aging Economies; Credit Bureau Data;
All these keywords.
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pui:dpaper:94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (PIER). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/pierbth.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.