Heterogeneity and the Provision of a Public Good in Leading and Lagging Regions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Amit Batabyal & Peter Nijkamp, 2014. "Technology, Learning, and Long Run Economic Growth in Leading and Lagging Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa14p893, European Regional Science Association.
- Amitrajeet A. BATABYAL, 2018.
"Note On Local Public Good Induced Spillovers Between A Leading And A Lagging Region,"
Regional Science Inquiry,
Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(2), pages 11-16, July.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet, 2018. "A Note on Local Public Good Induced Spillovers between a Leading and a Lagging Region," MPRA Paper 87128, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Jun 2018.
- repec:spr:apjors:v:3:y:2019:i:3:d:10.1007_s41685-019-00118-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:growch:v:50:y:2019:i:1:p:4-37 is not listed on IDEAS
- Klaus Desmet & Ignacio Ortuño Ortín, 2007.
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 109(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Klaus Desmet & Ignacio Ortuño Ortín, 2001. "Rational Underdevelopment," Working Papers 0114, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Ignacio Ortuño Ortín & Klaus Desmet, 2006. "Rational Underdevelopment," Working Papers. Serie AD 2006-12, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Dawid, H. & Harting, P. & Neugart, M., 2014. "Economic convergence: Policy implications from a heterogeneous agent model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 54-80.
- Andrés Rodríguez‐Pose & Callum Wilkie, 2019.
"Innovating in less developed regions: What drives patenting in the lagging regions of Europe and North America,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 4-37, March.
- Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Wilkie, Callum, 2018. "Innovating in less developed regions: what drives patenting in the lagging regions of Europe and North America," CEPR Discussion Papers 13048, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Callum Wilkie, 2018. "Innovating in less developed regions: what drives patenting in the lagging regions of Europe and North America," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1827, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jul 2018.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet & Nijkamp, Peter, 2014. "Some properties of the technology gap between leading and lagging regions," MPRA Paper 71596, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:147:y:2019:i:c:p:216-220 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sjak Smulders, 2004.
"International capital market integration: Implications for convergence, growth, and welfare,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 173-194, January.
- Smulders, J.A., 2004. "International capital market integration : Implications for convergence, growth and welfare," Other publications TiSEM f8e8e574-5d17-4d9f-9119-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Amitrajeet A. Batabyal & Karima Kourtit & Peter Nijkamp, 2019.
"New Technological Knowledge, Rural and Urban Agriculture, and Steady State Economic Growth,"
Networks and Spatial Economics,
Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 717-729, September.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet & Kourtit, Karima & Nijkamp, Peter, 2018. "New Technological Knowledge, Rural and Urban Agriculture, and Steady State Economic Growth," MPRA Paper 87607, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Jun 2018.
- Amitrajeet A. Batabyal & Peter Nijkamp, 2019.
"The magnification of a lagging region’s initial economic disadvantages on the balanced growth path,"
Asia-Pacific Journal of Regional Science,
Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 719-730, October.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet & Nijkamp, Peter, 2019. "The Magnification of a Lagging Region's Initial Economic Disadvantages on the Balanced Growth Path," MPRA Paper 93486, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Mar 2019.
- Andres Rodriguez-Pose & Riccardo regstdcenzi, 2008.
"Research and Development, Spillovers, Innovation Systems, and the Genesis of Regional Growth in Europe,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 51-67.
- Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Crescenzi, Riccardo, 2008. "Research and development, spillovers, innovation systems, and the genesis of regional growth in Europe," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 23326, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:taf:regstd:v:51:y:2017:i:7:p:982-993 is not listed on IDEAS
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A. & Beladi, Hamid, 2019.
"The optimal provision of information and communication technologies in smart cities,"
Technological Forecasting and Social Change,
Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 216-220.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet & Beladi, Hamid, 2019. "The Optimal Provision of Information and Communication Technologies in Smart Cities," MPRA Paper 95451, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 Jul 2019.
- John Goddard & Douglas Robertson & Paul Vallance, 2012. "Universities, Technology and Innovation Centres and regional development: the case of the North-East of England," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 609-627.
- Cornes, Richard & Sandler, Todd, 1985. "The Simple Analytics of Pure Public Good Provision," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 52(205), pages 103-116, February.
More about this item
KeywordsCentralization; Decentralization; Lagging Region; Leading Region; Public Good;
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R13 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General Equilibrium and Welfare Economic Analysis of Regional Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-GTH-2019-11-11 (Game Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:96812. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.