Does A Market Systems Approach Revitalize Smallholder Irrigation Schemes? Evidence from Zimbabwe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Henning Bjornlund & Andre van Rooyen & Richard Stirzaker, 2017. "Profitability and productivity barriers and opportunities in small-scale irrigation schemes," International Journal of Water Resources Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 690-704, September.
- Burney, Jennifer A. & Naylor, Rosamond L., 2012. "Smallholder Irrigation as a Poverty Alleviation Tool in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 110-123.
- Bos, M. G. & Burton, M. A. & Molden, David J., 2005. "Irrigation and drainage performance assessment: practical guidelines," IWMI Books, Reports H037064, International Water Management Institute.
- M. Moyo & A. van Rooyen & M. Moyo & P. Chivenge & H. Bjornlund, 2017. "Irrigation development in Zimbabwe: understanding productivity barriers and opportunities at Mkoba and Silalatshani irrigation schemes," International Journal of Water Resources Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 740-754, September.
- Poulton, Colin & Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan, 2010. "The Future of Small Farms: New Directions for Services, Institutions, and Intermediation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1413-1428, October.
- Nhundu, K. & Mushunje, Abbyssinia, 2010. "Analysis Of Irrigation Development Post Fast Track Land Reform Programme. A Case Study Of Goromonzi District, Mashonaland East Province, Zimbabwe," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 97065, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Janvier Hakuzimana, 2021. "Break Free From Plastics: Environmental Perspectives And Evidence From Rwanda," Environment & Ecosystem Science (EES), Zibeline International Publishing, vol. 5(1), pages 27-36, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Aarnoudse, E. & Closas, Alvar & Lefore, Nicole, 2018. "Water user associations: a review of approaches and alternative management options for Sub-Saharan Africa," IWMI Working Papers H048782, International Water Management Institute.
- Higgins, Daniel & Arslan, Aslihan & Winters, Paul, 2021. "What role can small-scale irrigation play in promoting inclusive rural transformation? Evidence from smallholder rice farmers in the Philippines," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 243(C).
- Nelson Mango & Clifton Makate & Lulseged Tamene & Powell Mponela & Gift Ndengu, 2018. "Adoption of Small-Scale Irrigation Farming as a Climate-Smart Agriculture Practice and Its Influence on Household Income in the Chinyanja Triangle, Southern Africa," Land, MDPI, vol. 7(2), pages 1-19, April.
- Arif A. Anwar & Zia Ul Haq, 2013. "An old-new measure of canal water inequity," Water International, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 536-551, September.
- George Kyriakarakos & Athanasios T. Balafoutis & Dionysis Bochtis, 2020. "Proposing a Paradigm Shift in Rural Electrification Investments in Sub-Saharan Africa through Agriculture," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(8), pages 1-19, April.
- Kiprop, Jonah Kipsaat, 2015. "An Evaluation Of Farmers Willingness To Pay For Irrigation Water In Kerio Valley Basin Kenya," Research Theses 265580, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Bazilian, Morgan & Griffiths, Steve & Kim, Jinsoo & Foley, Aoife & Rooney, David, 2021. "Decarbonizing the food and beverages industry: A critical and systematic review of developments, sociotechnical systems and policy options," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 143(C).
- Ola, Oreoluwa & Menapace, Luisa, 2020. "A meta-analysis understanding smallholder entry into high-value markets," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
- Lili Li & Yiwu Zeng & Zi Ye & Hongdong Guo, 2021. "E‐commerce development and urban‐rural income gap: Evidence from Zhejiang Province, China," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 100(2), pages 475-494, April.
- Adjognon, Serge G. & Liverpool-Tasie, Lenis Saweda O. & Reardon, Thomas A., 2017. "Agricultural input credit in Sub-Saharan Africa: Telling myth from facts," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 93-105.
- Merrey, D. J. & Lefore, Nicole, 2018. "Improving the availability and effectiveness of rural and “Micro” finance for small-scale irrigation in Sub-Saharan Africa: a review of lessons learned," IWMI Working Papers H049027, International Water Management Institute.
- Mei-Yin Kuan & Szu-Yung Wang & Jiun-Hao Wang, 2021. "Investigating the Association between Farmers’ Organizational Participation and Types of Agricultural Product Certifications: Empirical Evidence from a National Farm Households Survey in Taiwan," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(16), pages 1-18, August.
- Abdullaev, Iskandar & Kazbekov, Jusipbek & Yakubov, Murat & Turral, Hugh & Manthrithilake, Herath & Jumaboev, Kahramon, 2007.
"Institutional reforms at main canal level and their water allocation and yield impacts : A case from South Ferghana Canal, Uzbekistan,"
IWMI Research Reports
H040699, International Water Management Institute.
- Abdullaev, Iskandar & Kazbekov, Jusipbek & Yakubov, Murat & Turral, Hugh & Manthrithilake, Herath & Jumaboev, Kahramon, 2008. "Institutional reforms at main canal level and their water allocation and yield impacts : A case from South Ferghana Canal, Uzbekistan," IWMI Reports 273360, International Water Management Institute.
- Charles Yaw Okyere & Ama Asantewah Ahene-Codjoe, 2022. "Irrigated Agriculture and Welfare: Panel Data Evidence from Southern Ghana," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 34(2), pages 583-610, April.
- Klasen, Stephan & Meyer, Katrin M. & Dislich, Claudia & Euler, Michael & Faust, Heiko & Gatto, Marcel & Hettig, Elisabeth & Melati, Dian N. & Jaya, I. Nengah Surati & Otten, Fenna & Pérez-Cruzado, Cés, 2016.
"Economic and ecological trade-offs of agricultural specialization at different spatial scales,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 111-120.
- Stephan Klasen & Katrin M. Meyer & Claudia Dislich & Michael Euler & Heiko Faust & Marcel Gatto & Elisabeth Hettig & Dian N. Melati & I. Nengah Surati Jaya & Fenna Otten & César Perez & Stefanie Stein, 2015. "Economic and ecological trade-offs of agricultural specialization at different spatial scales," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 178, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Hadjielias, Elias & Christofi, Michael & Tarba, Shlomo, 2021. "Knowledge hiding and knowledge sharing in small family farms: A stewardship view," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 279-292.
- Li, Jiaxin & Wang, Zihan & Cheng, Xin & Shuai, Jing & Shuai, Chuanmin & Liu, Jing, 2020. "Has solar PV achieved the national poverty alleviation goals? Empirical evidence from the performances of 52 villages in rural China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 201(C).
- Matias Ramirez & Ian Clarke & Laurens Klerkx, 2018.
"Analysing intermediary organisations and their influence on upgrading in emerging agricultural clusters,"
Environment and Planning A, , vol. 50(6), pages 1314-1335, September.
- Ramirez, Matias & Clarke, Ian & Klerkx, Laurens, 2017. "Analysing intermediary organisations and their influence on upgrading in emerging agricultural clusters," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 19912, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Ahmad, M.D. & Turral, H. & Nazeer, A., 2009. "Diagnosing irrigation performance and water productivity through satellite remote sensing and secondary data in a large irrigation system of Pakistan," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(4), pages 551-564, April.
- Latynskiy, Evgeny & Berger, Thomas, 2012. "An Agent-Based Network Approach For Understanding, Analyzing And Supporting Rural Producer Organizations In Agriculture," 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 137383, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
More about this item
Keywordsmarket systems approach; smallholder irrigation schemes; revitalization; Zimbabwe;
All these keywords.
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2019-07-15 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:94782. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.