Shari'ah Screening Methodology- New Shari'ah Compliant Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ivo Welch, 2011. "Two Common Problems in Capital Structure Research: The Financial‐Debt‐To‐Asset Ratio and Issuing Activity Versus Leverage Changes," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 1-17, March.
- Ulrich Derigs & Shehab Marzban, 2008. "Review and analysis of current Shariah-compliant equity screening practices," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(4), pages 285-303, November.
- Khatkhatay, M. H. & Nisar, Shariq, 2007. "Shari[Ah Compliant Equity Investments: An Assessment Of Current Screening Norms," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 15, pages 48-76.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdullah Muhammad Ahmed Ayedh & Muhammad Iqmal Hisham Kamaruddin & Amir Shaharuddin, 2019. "Challenging the Current Shariah Screening Methodology Assessments in Kuala Lumpur Shariah Index (KLSI)," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 9(4), pages 253-268, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Nawal Seif Kassim & Roslily Ramlee & Salina Kassim, 2017. "Impact of Inclusion into and Exclusion from the Shariah Index on a Stock Price and Trading Volume: An Event Study Approach," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(2), pages 40-51.
- Boudt, Kris & Raza, Muhammad Wajid & Wauters, Marjan, 2019. "Evaluating the Shariah-compliance of equity portfolios: The weighting method matters," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 406-417.
- Hassan, M. Kabir & Girard, Eric, 2010.
"Faith-Based Ethical Investing: The Case Of Dow Jones Islamic Indexes,"
Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 17, pages 1-31.
- M. Kabir Hassan & Eric Girard, 2011. "Faith-Based Ethical Investing: The Case of Dow Jones Islamic Indexes," NFI Working Papers 2011-WP-05, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- BOUSALAM, Issam & HAMZAOUI, Moustapha, 2016. "Impact of Ethical Screening on Risk and Returns: the Case of Constructed Moroccan Islamic Stock Indexes," MPRA Paper 68979, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yildirim, Ramazan & Ilhan, Bilal, 2018. "Fıkhi Filtreleme Metodolojisi - Yeni Bir Fıkhi Yaklaşım [Shari’ah Screening Methodology - New Shari’ah Compliant Approach”]," MPRA Paper 90417, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yildirim, Ramazan & Masih, Mansur & Bacha, Obiyathulla Ismath, 2018.
"Determinants of capital structure: evidence from Shari'ah compliant and non-compliant firms,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 198-219.
- Yildirim, Ramazan & Masih, Mansur & Bacha, Obiyathulla, 2017. "Determinants of capital structure - Evidence from Shari'ah compliant and non-compliant firms," MPRA Paper 90280, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 May 2018.
- Biancone, Paolo Pietro & Radwan, Maha, 2018. "Sharia-Compliant financing for public utility infrastructure," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 88-94.
- Philippe DESBRIERES, 2017. "L’investissement conforme à la Charia est-il socialement responsable ?,Is Shariah compliant investment socially responsible?," Working Papers CREGO 1171001, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Elias, Erragragui, 2017. "Is it Costly to Introduce SRI into Islamic Portfolios?," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 25, pages 23-54.
- Naqvi, Bushra & Rizvi, S.K.A. & Mirza, Nawazish & Reddy, Krishna, 2018. "Religion based investing and illusion of Islamic Alpha and Beta," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 82-106.
- Lin, Shannon & Tong, Naqiong & Tucker, Alan L., 2014. "Corporate tax aggression and debt," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 227-241.
- Syed Adeel Hussain, 2013. "Differentiation of Market Risk Characteristics among Sharia Compliant and Conventional Equities listed on the Pakistani Capital Market - KSE 100 Index over a selective time period," 2013 Papers phu395, Job Market Papers.
- Omneya Abdelsalam & Meryem Duygun & Juan Carlos Matallín-Sáez & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2014. "Is Ethical Money Sensitive to Past Returns? The Case of Portfolio Constraints and Persistence of Islamic and Socially Responsible Funds," Working Papers 2014/19, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Pejman Abedifar & Shahid M. Ebrahim & Philip Molyneux & Amine Tarazi, 2015.
"Islamic Banking And Finance: Recent Empirical Literature And Directions For Future Research,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 637-670, September.
- Pejman Abedifar & Shahid Ebrahim & Philip Molyneux & Amine Tarazi, 2014. "Islamic Banking and Finance: Recent Empirical Literature and Directions for Future Research," Working Papers hal-01073185, HAL.
- Pejman Abedifar & Shahid Ebrahim & Philip Molyneux & Amine Tarazi, 2015. "Islamic Banking and Finance: Recent Empirical Literature and Directions for Future Research," Post-Print hal-01144032, HAL.
- Kim, Hyunseob, 2020.
"How does labor market size affect firm capital structure? Evidence from large plant openings,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 277-294.
- Hyunseob Kim, 2015. "How Does Labor Market Size Affect Firm Capital Structure? Evidence from Large Plant Openings," Working Papers 15-38, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Yushu Zhu, 2017. "Call it good, bad or no news? The valuation effect of debt issues," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 57(4), pages 1203-1229, December.
- Shifa Mohd Nor & Ruzita Abdul Rahim & Zizah Che Senik, 2016. "The potentials of internalising social banking among the Malaysian Islamic banks," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 347-372, April.
- Thaddeus Neururer & George Papadakis & Edward J. Riedl, 2016. "Tests of investor learning models using earnings innovations and implied volatilities," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 400-437, June.
- Dawood Ashraf, 2016. "Does Shari’ah Screening Cause Abnormal Returns? Empirical Evidence from Islamic Equity Indices," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(2), pages 209-228, March.
- Le Trung Thanh, 2017. "Corruption, Provincial Institutions And Capital Structure: New Evidence From A Transitional Economy," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 8(1).
More about this item
KeywordsShariah Screening; Islamic Equity Index; Market Capitalization; Total Debt; Quran & Sunnah;
All these keywords.
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:90277. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.