Bees Out of the Pandora’s Box: Economic Consequences of National Register in Assam
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- S. Chandrasekhar & Ajay Sharma, "undated".
"Internal Migration for Education and Employment among Youth in India,"
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers
2014-004, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Ajay Sharma & S. Chandrasekhar, 2014. "Internal Migration for Education and Employment among Youth in India," Working Papers id:5682, eSocialSciences.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Atsede Desta Tegegne & Marianne Penker, 2016. "Determinants of rural out-migration in Ethiopia: Who stays and who goes?," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 35(34), pages 1011-1044.
- Tineke Fokkema & Eralba Cela & Elena Ambrosetti, 2013. "Giving from the Heart or from the Ego? Motives behind Remittances of the Second Generation in Europe," International Migration Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 539-572, September.
- Mullan, Katrina & Grosjean, Pauline & Kontoleon, Andreas, 2011.
"Land Tenure Arrangements and Rural-Urban Migration in China,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 123-133, January.
- Katrina Mullan & Pauline Grosjean & Andreas Kontoleon, 2008. "Land Tenure Arrangements and Rural-Urban Migration in China," Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers 37.2008, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2008.
- Robalino, Juan & Jimenez, José & Chacón, Adriana, 2015.
"The Effect of Hydro-Meteorological Emergencies on Internal Migration,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 438-448.
- Robalino, Juan & Jimenez, José & Chacon, Adriana, 2013. "The Effect of Hydro-meteorological Emergencies on Internal Migration," Discussion Papers dp-13-17-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Chakra P. Acharya & Roberto Leon-Gonzalez, 2016. "International Remittances, Rural-Urban Migration, and the Quest for Quality Education: The Case of Nepal," GRIPS Discussion Papers 15-25, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Wang, Chunchao & Zhang, Chenglei & Ni, Jinlan & Zhang, Haifeng & Zhang, Junsen, 2019. "Family migration in China: Do migrant children affect parental settlement intention?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 416-428.
- Klabunde, Anna, 2014. "Computational Economic Modeling of Migration," Ruhr Economic Papers 471, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Maëlys de la Rupelle & Deng Quheng & Li Shi & Thomas Vendryes, 2009.
"Land rights insecurity and temporary migration in rural China,"
- Maëlys de la Rupelle & Deng Quheng & Li Shi & Thomas Vendryes, 2009. "Land rights insecurity and temporary migration in rural China," PSE Working Papers halshs-00575041, HAL.
- de la Rupelle, Maëlys & Quheng, Deng & Li, Shi & Vendryes, Thomas, 2009. "Land Rights Insecurity and Temporary Migration in Rural China," IZA Discussion Papers 4668, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Umar Mukhtar & Zhangbao Zhong & Beihai Tian & Amar Razzaq & Muhammad Asad ur Rehman Naseer & Tayyaba Hina, 2018. "Does Rural–Urban Migration Improve Employment Quality and Household Welfare? Evidence from Pakistan," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-14, November.
- Florian Kaufmann, 2007. "Emigrant or Sojourner? Migration Intensity and Its Determinants," Working Papers wp154, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- de Brauw, Alan & Mu, Ren, 2011. "Migration and the overweight and underweight status of children in rural China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 88-100, February.
- Kalandi Charan Pradhan & K. Narayanan, 2019. "Intensity of labour migration and its determinants: insights from Indian semi-arid villages," Asia-Pacific Journal of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 955-994, October.
- Pia M. Orrenius, 1999. "The role of family networks, coyote prices and the rural economy in migration from Western Mexico: 1965-1994," Working Papers 9910, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Elena Vitalievna, Lebedeva, 2007. "Determinants of International Migration and Remittances," MPRA Paper 104789, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Gröger, André, 2021.
"Easy come, easy go? Economic shocks, labor migration and the family left behind,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(C).
- André Gröger, 2019. "Easy Come, Easy Go? Economic Shocks, Labor Migration and the Family Left Behind," Working Papers 1086, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Grote, Ulrike & Waibel, Hermann, 2017.
"Rural-Urban Migration, Welfare and Employment : Comparing Results from Thailand and Vietnam,"
2017 ASAE 9th International Conference, January 11-13, Bangkok, Thailand
284809, Asian Society of Agricultural Economists (ASAE).
- Grote, Ulrike & Waibel, Hermann, 2017. "Rural-urban migration, welfare and employment: Comparing results from Thailand and Vietnam," TVSEP Working Papers wp-001, Leibniz Universitaet Hannover, Institute of Development and Agricultural Economics, Project TVSEP.
- Eliza Zhunusova & Roland Herrmann, 2018. "Development Impacts of International Migration on “Sending” Communities: The Case of Rural Kyrgyzstan," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 30(5), pages 871-891, December.
- Nguyen, Duc Loc & Grote, Ulrike & Nguyen, Trung Thanh, 2019. "Migration, crop production and non-farm labor diversification in rural Vietnam," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 175-187.
- Coxhead, Ian & Vu, Linh & Nguyen, Cuong, 2016. "Migration in Vietnam: New Evidence from Recent Surveys," MPRA Paper 70217, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Diane Coffey & John Papp & Dean Spears, 2015. "Short-Term Labor Migration from Rural North India: Evidence from New Survey Data," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 34(3), pages 361-380, June.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration; National Register of Citizens; Census 2001;
All these keywords.
- J6 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:88755. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.