A historical walkthrough with L’Hospital, from indeterminates to applied problems in mathematics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Balk, Bert M., 2004. "Decompositions of Fisher indexes," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 107-113, January.
- Jesus C. Dumagan & Bert M. Balk, 2016.
"Dissecting aggregate output and labour productivity change: a postscript on the role of relative prices,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 117-119, February.
- Jesus Dumagan & Bert Balk, 2016. "Dissecting aggregate output and labour productivity change: a postscript on the role of relative prices," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 117-119, February.
- Dumagan, Jesus C., 2013. "Relative Price Effects on Decompositions of Change in Aggregate Labor Productivity," Discussion Papers DP 2013-44, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
More about this item
Keywordscalculus; L’Hospital’s rules; mathematical history; mean value theorem; logarithmic mean; mathematical statistics; recreational mathematics;
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- C65 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Miscellaneous Mathematical Tools
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2017-05-14 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-ORE-2017-05-14 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:79011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.