The interaction effect of Institutional Ownership and Firm Size on the relationship between Managerial Ownership and Earnings Management
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chenchuramaiah T. Bathala & Kenneth P. Moon & Ramesh P. Rao, 1994. "Managerial Ownership, Debt Policy, and the Impact of Institutional Holdings: An Agency Perspective," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 23(3), Fall.
- Mohammad Ali Moradi & Ahmad Nezami, 2011. "Influence of Ownership Structure on Earning Quality in the Listed Firms of Tehran Stock Exchange," International Journal of Business Administration, International Journal of Business Administration, Sciedu Press, vol. 2(4), pages 146-154, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ghosh, Saibal, 2007. "Leverage, managerial monitoring and firm valuation: A simultaneous equation approach," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 84-98, June.
- Rana El Bahsh & Ali Alattar & Aziz N. Yusuf, 2018. "Firm, Industry and Country Level Determinants of Capital Structure: Evidence from Jordan," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 8(2), pages 175-190.
- Adel BOUBAKER & Mediha MEZHOUD, 2012. "Impact Of Internal Governance Mechanisms On The Ipo Long Term Performance," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 10, pages 129-146, December.
- Michael Firth & Peter M Y Fung & Oliver M Rui, 2008. "Ownership, governance mechanisms, and agency costs in China’s listed firms," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 9(2), pages 90-101, July.
- Marsha Weber & Donna Dudney, 2003. "A Reduced Form Coefficients Analysis of Executive Ownership, Corporate Value, and Executive Compensation," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 38(3), pages 399-413, August.
- ElBannan, Mona A., 2017. "Stock market liquidity, family ownership, and capital structure choices in an emerging country," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 201-231.
- Uwalomwa UWUIGBE, 2014. "Corporate governance and capital structure: evidence from listed firms in Nigeria stock exchange," The Journal of Accounting and Management, Danubius University of Galati, issue 1, pages 5-14, April.
- Seifert, Bruce & Gonenc, Halit & Wright, Jim, 2005. "The international evidence on performance and equity ownership by insiders, blockholders, and institutions," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 171-191, April.
- Abdioglu, Nida & Khurshed, Arif & Stathopoulos, Konstantinos, 2013. "Foreign institutional investment: Is governance quality at home important?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 916-940.
- Doğan, Mesut, 2020. "Institutional Ownership and Firm Value: A Study on the Bist Manufacturing Index," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 59-75.
- Apostolos Dasilas & Nicolas Papasyriopoulos, 2015. "Corporate governance, credit ratings and the capital structure of Greek SME and large listed firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 215-244, June.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Kyaw, NyoNyo Aung, 2010. "Capital structure, dividend policy, and multinationality: Theory versus empirical evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 140-150, March.
- Alves, Paulo & Francisco, Paulo, 2015. "The impact of institutional environment on the capital structure of firms during recent financial crises," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 129-146.
- Ahmed Sultan Bin-Sariman & Azwadi Ali & Mohd Nazli Mohd Nor, 2016. "Board of directors' quality and firms' debt financing: the moderating effect of insider ownership - evidence from Omani firms," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(5), pages 402-410, January.
- Balachandran, Balasingham & Khan, Arifur & Mather, Paul & Theobald, Michael, 2019. "Insider ownership and dividend policy in an imputation tax environment," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 153-167.
- Mursalim Mursalim, 2009. "Persamaan Struktural: Aktivisme Institusi, Kepemilikan Institusional Dan Manajerial, Kebijakan Dividen Dan Utang," Jurnal Akuntansi dan Auditing Indonesia, Universitas Islam Indonesia, Department of Accounting, vol. 13(1), pages 43-59, JUNI.
- Fung, Simon Y.K. & Goodwin, John, 2013. "Short-term debt maturity, monitoring and accruals-based earnings management," Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 67-82.
- Rodríguez-García, Rafael & Budría, Santiago, 2019. "The impact of supply-side factors on corporate leverage," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 262-272.
- Gugler, Klaus & Mueller, Dennis C. & Yurtoglu, B. Burcin, 2008. "Insider ownership, ownership concentration and investment performance: An international comparison," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 688-705, December.
- de Miguel, Alberto & Pindado, Julio, 2001. "Determinants of capital structure: new evidence from Spanish panel data," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 77-99, March.
More about this item
KeywordsManagerial Ownership; Institutional Ownership; Firm Size; Earnings Management; Listed Manufacturing Companies; Developing Country;
All these keywords.
- M0 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - General
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration
- M4 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-SEA-2017-01-15 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:75943. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.