Gambling Tourism and Economic Development: Some lessons from Macao
This article aims to explore and document the relationship between forms of alternative tourism and economic development. More specifically, the subject of our investigation will be whether a small national economy is able to rely wholly or largely on tourist flows as a source of income and even to invest in a single type of tourism. Alternative forms of tourism, gaming tourism as well as the features of territorially limited countries and how they are linked to the case of Macau will also be objects of study and annotation. With the process of text production through scientific articles, statistical data and reliable data bases, we will attempt to 'cover' the investigated relationship as well as the stemming questions.
|Date of creation:||2016|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sonny Lo, 2009. "Casino Capitalism and Its Legitimacy Impact on the Politico-administrative State in Macau," Journal of Current Chinese Affairs - China aktuell, Institute of Asian Studies, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 38(1), pages 19-47.
- Xinhua Gu & Guoqiang Li & Pui Sun Tam, 2013. "Casino tourism, social cost and tax effects," International Gambling Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 221-239, August.
- Ricardo Rato & Gareth Davey, 2012. "Quality of Life in Macau, China," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 105(1), pages 93-108, January.
- LEE, Chew Ging, 2008. "Tourism And Economic Growth: The Case Of Singapore," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 8(1), pages 89-98.
- Tiago Neves Sequeira & Paulo Macas Nunes, 2008. "Does tourism influence economic growth? A dynamic panel data approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(18), pages 2431-2441.
- Briguglio, Lino, 1995. "Small island developing states and their economic vulnerabilities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1615-1632, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:72397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.