Gambling Tourism and Economic Development: Some lessons from Macao
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sonny Lo, 2009. "Casino Capitalism and Its Legitimacy Impact on the Politico-administrative State in Macau," Journal of Current Chinese Affairs - China aktuell, Institute of Asian Studies, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 38(1), pages 19-47.
- repec:eee:touman:v:38:y:2013:i:c:p:69-76 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xinhua Gu & Guoqiang Li & Pui Sun Tam, 2013. "Casino tourism, social cost and tax effects," International Gambling Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 221-239, August.
- Ricardo Rato & Gareth Davey, 2012. "Quality of Life in Macau, China," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 105(1), pages 93-108, January.
- LEE, Chew Ging, 2008. "Tourism And Economic Growth: The Case Of Singapore," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 8(1), pages 89-98.
- Tiago Neves Sequeira & Paulo Macas Nunes, 2008. "Does tourism influence economic growth? A dynamic panel data approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(18), pages 2431-2441.
- Briguglio, Lino, 1995. "Small island developing states and their economic vulnerabilities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1615-1632, September.
More about this item
Keywordstourism; gaming tourism; development; growth; small countries;
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- O21 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Planning Models; Planning Policy
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-07-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-GER-2016-07-16 (German Papers)
- NEP-TUR-2016-07-16 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:72397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .