The different impact of conventional interest rates on Islamic stock market, Islamic banking and Islamic insurance: evidence from Malaysia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Flannery, Mark J. & Hameed, Allaudeen S. & Harjes, Richard H., 1997. "Asset pricing, time-varying risk premia and interest rate risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 315-335, March.
- Papadamou, Stephanos & Siriopoulos, Costas, 2014. "Interest rate risk and the creation of the Monetary Policy Committee: Evidence from banks’ and life insurance companies’ stocks in the UK," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 45-67.
- Fernandez-Perez, Adrian & Fernández-Rodríguez, Fernando & Sosvilla-Rivero, Simón, 2014.
"The term structure of interest rates as predictor of stock returns: Evidence for the IBEX 35 during a bear market,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 21-33.
- Adrian Fernandez-Perez & Fernando Fernández-Rodríguez & Simón Javier Sosvilla Rivero, 2013. "The term structure of interest rates as predictor of stock returns: Evidence for the IBEX 35 during a bear market," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2013-19, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Kim, Suk-Joong & Nguyen, Do Quoc Tho, 2009.
"The spillover effects of target interest rate news from the U.S. Fed and the European Central Bank on the Asia-Pacific stock markets,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 415-431, July.
- Suk-Joong, Kim & Do Quoc Tho, Nguyen, 2008. "The spillover effects of target interest rate news from the U.S. Fed and the European Central Bank on the Asia-Pacific stock markets," MPRA Paper 17213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kasman, Saadet & Vardar, Gülin & Tunç, Gökçe, 2011. "The impact of interest rate and exchange rate volatility on banks' stock returns and volatility: Evidence from Turkey," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 1328-1334, May.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic stock market; Islamic banking; Islamic insurance; interest rates; Granger-causality;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-IAS-2015-04-02 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2015-04-02 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-SEA-2015-04-02 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:63285. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .