Voting power in the Electoral College: The noncompetitive states count, too
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- R J Johnston, 1978.
"On the measurement of power: some reactions to Laver,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 10(8), pages 907-914, August.
- R J Johnston, 1978. "On the Measurement of Power: Some Reactions to Laver," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 10(8), pages 907-914, August.
- Edelman, Paul H., 2004. "Voting power and at-large representation," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 219-232, March.
More about this item
KeywordsUS presidential elections; Electoral College; voting power;
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-06-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2014-06-14 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-GTH-2014-06-14 (Game Theory)
- NEP-POL-2014-06-14 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:56582. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.